THREDBO 2012 GO PRO (chest mount)

Steepy

Likes Dirt
Geez it was bouncy. I've never seen a chest mount jump around that much, made it pretty unwatchable in parts. Was the harness adjusted properly?

driftking

Wheel size expert
Hopefully go pro develop a lens that is floating inside the camera body to eliminate excessive movement.Ssomething in the same way we have tripods that are suspended to keep the camera moving smoothly. Whether they can get that technology to work on such a small scale will be the challenge. and the extent it will work will be limited but definitely wouldn't hurt.

looked like a perfect day to be riding.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Hopefully go pro develop a lens that is floating inside the camera body to eliminate excessive movement.Ssomething in the same way we have tripods that are suspended to keep the camera moving smoothly.
Whether they make that or not, I don't think it would actually help increase the camera's stability, if not make it worse... Because if the lens can float, then it will likely bounce back and forth within the camera body as the rider bounces around on the bike at the same time. Do you get where I'm coming from?

So I don't really think there's is much to do that can help eliminate that movement of the GoPro on the chest mount, other than just tightening up the screw that holds it there, and doing up the straps tight.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Whether they make that or not, I don't think it would actually help increase the camera's stability, if not make it worse... Because if the lens can float, then it will likely bounce back and forth within the camera body as the rider bounces around on the bike at the same time. Do you get where I'm coming from?

So I don't really think there's is much to do that can help eliminate that movement of the GoPro on the chest mount, other than just tightening up the screw that holds it there, and doing up the straps tight.
Yeah I get you, but it shouldn't be bouncing back and forth that's the point of the design like they have on other systems they are dampened to stop oscillation. the camera should move with the rider and the lens should stay more centered so while I might not eliminate all movement it should help produce a smoother shot with less jerk and eliminate minor moves. If the design was to be implemented into a go pro or something similar it would have to be extensively tested and the be well thought out. The only problem is with a system like that the reliability also decreases with the potential for more things to go wrong.
Given the small size of a go pro though i don't think it would be possible to use something like this purely because of size limitations it would also more than likely be expensive so RRP will jump.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Yeah I get you, but it shouldn't be bouncing back and forth that's the point of the design like they have on other systems they are dampened to stop oscillation. the camera should move with the rider and the lens should stay more centered so while I might not eliminate all movement it should help produce a smoother shot with less jerk and eliminate minor moves.
Focusing on if the thing will work, I actually forgot entirely about the 'dampening' part of it... So yeah it will probably work now that I come to think of it. :)

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
Geez it was bouncy. I've never seen a chest mount jump around that much, made it pretty unwatchable in parts. Was the harness adjusted properly?
Yeah i should have tightened the straps a little more, was in a bit of a rush though

Hey mate, what setting did you have the go pro on?
Frame rate and quality wise?
Hey mate im running it on 720p x 60fps, which is perfect, defiantly recommend running that setting