Thredbo National Champs DH video

demo man

Used to be cool.
MrPlow said:
great work mate. Enjoyed it a lot.
Take long to slap together?
yeah, a fair bit of time. i think it must be around the 15-20 hour mark.
plus the filming bit itself, that's another 3 days.

seems like it was definately appreciated and liked though, so i'm stoked!

demo man

Used to be cool.
nicho said:
Hi demo man,

i'd like to say i really enjoyed your video....
just a quick question, at the begining before Rennie s lil manual on the fire road, i have a feeling it s me on the traverse. Can you confirm it's me on a hardtail with the number 905 it s hard to distinguish.

Cheers

nicho

yes it's a hardtail, but even in the natural quality it's pretty hard to get the number plate, the shot is too shaky thanks to the chairlift.

i'll make sure i get some more punters in the Buller vid - i thought that this wasn't over-run by the pro's, but there is a fair bit of them.

thanks for all of the comments guys, i'm really glad that you guys liked it.

Heppla

Likes Dirt
Dude that was great, so glad you got me in it, i really had that section dialled, put a smile on my face. i got vid to but don't yet have the right program to edit it, oh well soon enough, cheers!

demo man

Used to be cool.
i used the trial version of Sony Vegas, you can download it free from, i've forgettoen, but do a google search for "sone vegas trial" and you'll find it. bloody hefty download though.

Yeah mate loved the video

Just a bit of constructive critisism though:
perhaps you should kill the audio (of the footage, not the soundtrack) in some sections, when for example a lone person standing on the side of the track goes whoooo (or Yeooow or wooot or whatever). That sort of thing sounds great when there are heaps of people yelling and hooting, but if its only one or two people it really sticks out as a scrappy moment of the video (well to me anyway ;) ).

A good example of this i think would be in the very opening scene with tracey hannah riding through a switch-back section. Keep the video audio up initially as you can hear the brakes etc working and it sounds all sweet, but then fade the audio before the person cheers out to her.

I recon if you eddited audio like that (in most situations) out of the video it would make the whole package look/sound more professional than it allready does.

Great work man, looking fowards to the next one.

mattvincent

Likes Dirt
sam uve done it again.. another great video. Very well done. loved it all. And i had no idea i pedaled that hard off the start line. good to see some footage of myself and other riders.

cheers matt

motormtb

Likes Dirt
Wicked Vid!!!

Sick vid man,good tune,good footage and good quality.It would be good if all vids on here where that quality,can you give us some tips on what sort of equipment is best and how to shoot good footage.

Keep up the good work!!!!

kidafa

Likes Dirt
Bloody Awsome Vid

Sick vid demo man, all has been said. Great sng selection nice mix of shots with some good atmospheric stuff in it to. Im goign to thredbo to race interschools in like 2 and a bit weeks cant wait!

phillip222

Likes Bikes
awesome video mate. loved the editing and the music to it. keep up the great work. look forward to seeing more vids from you in the future.
phil