Thredbo round Nov '08

dhd

Downhill Direct
Since I decided to punish myself again by eating dirt on saturday, I took photos Sunday instead of racing. Enjoy and let me know your email addy if you hi res version.

Attachments

dhd

Downhill Direct
Did I tell you I actually knocked myself out on Saturday? That is the reason I was (and still am) pretty damn sore on Sunday.

Attachments

dhd

Downhill Direct
Hmmm I also hear there might be a new DH bike coming along from the Dhdirect stables pretty soon. Word is it might be a pretty good thing......

Attachments

dhd

Downhill Direct
I think Jane and the crew did a pretty good job up at Thredbo on the weekend....No complaints from what I heard. Track was good, marshalling was good, rego was excellent. The guy guy behind the counter was sooo helpful on Sunday morning....Good looking and polite too.

Attachments

dhd

Downhill Direct
What? You are still reading my dribble??? Oh well, stop jibbering around and go over to our website and buy some stuff.......Go on. The link is in my signature below.....sheeez.....some people.....

Attachments

dhd

Downhill Direct
Things I saw on the weekend...
  • Claire having a cartwheel experience. A pretty spesh one!
  • Tom Mallet with the bejesus knocked out of him.
  • Some big ass pint glasses of German beer that was soooo nice. (River Inn...good stuff!)
  • Scott from Batemans Bay showering me with dirt (thanks again!).
  • Jake showering me with dirt (yep, Twice in one day.....thanks again!).
  • Chad Reed absolutely smoke them in Super X (on the telly).
  • Sport class boys absolutely hauling ass through bunny walk (I kid not!).
  • Lot's of people having a good time.

Attachments

dhd

Downhill Direct
It was opening weekend and a CORC club round. The track is the same but it's had work and is in real good condition. Had a talk to a few locals and from what I can tell the future looks pretty good for Thredbo. It won't change over night but the right plans are in place for the next few years from what I can gather.

atxdh2

Likes Bikes
Awsome photo's bill thanks heaps for the ones of me that was such a fun weekend sucks that you injured yourself in practice and could'nt race. Everyone appreciates your photo's and you even got a rare shot of Adam the elusive photo ghost.

Last edited:

dhd

Downhill Direct
Yeah....I'm about due for a break! Seems every race I get smashed for some reason lately! I feel like such an "old nanna". I only found out Sunday night on the way home that I was knocked out for about a minute when I crashed on Saturday. Kinda explains the sore neck, head and helmet marks on my face!
It was so funny on 2nd run....I was waiting for Adam and the guy before him ran through the bushes and put heaps of branches and crap on the track. I got up to move them and Adam comes charging through and you guessed it.....I missed his photo again!
You guys were so quick through that section. Little Adam was absolutely smokin' check his photo....he's way airborne!

Last edited:

atxdh2

Likes Bikes
Damn Bill no wonder you were feeling so F' Up on sunday you must have got slammed pretty hard do you remember the crash and what happend, no doubt being thredbo you were most likely going about 200km/h when it happend.

Yeh he's Very elusive most other photographers have trouble capturing him as well, he's kinda like bigfoot.

Yeh little Adz was flying I lent him the 40's off my FOES for the weekend and he almost beat me on raceday I won't be making that mistake again(awsome photo by the way). Big Adz was flying all weekend untill the race kept crashing and could'nt get a good run, and dex has improved by about 2mins down the hill and was smashing it all weekend. gotta love thredbo.

Last edited:

dandan

Likes Bikes
Just toughen up... thats all I can say. hehe lotsa photos! Hey check out damian breech's website... theres a couple nice shots of Ben.

Dan.

T-Rex

Template denier
Good work!

Good work on the camera Bill! Sorry that you got a bit bashed around, Ben too but he seemed to bounce back OK. Hope you will be back on the pedals for Stromlo.