Thredbo season is open

RMB

Likes Dirt
Has anyone rode Thredbo this year yet, its only been open for a week and was wondering what the major changes if any that the new owners have made to the track as stated on their website.

heggers

Likes Bikes
CORC held a race up there on the 15th. havent had a chance to ask anyone if there had been any changes. If anyone is heading down in the next few weeks send me a PM, would like to go check it out.

BlacKnight_Racing

Likes Dirt
i just got back from there, the track is fairly similar.... no huge changes to last year...
the track was sooo awsome to ride, as i was one of the 1st guys to hit it. but by the end of the weekend it got pretty chopped up.... the 'raw nrg' wooden jump thing just before bunny walk is gone.... making the track more 'jump-less' than ever. The wall ride is also gone :(....
Looking back the track has no significant changes at all.... quite disappointing actually.. all in all thredbo is still mad fun to ride.
Still should be a good season ahead.

i just got back from there, the track is fairly similar.... no huge changes to last year...
the track was sooo awsome to ride, as i was one of the 1st guys to hit it. but by the end of the weekend it got pretty chopped up.... the 'raw nrg' wooden jump thing just before bunny walk is gone.... making the track more 'jump-less' than ever. The wall ride is also gone :(....
Looking back the track has no significant changes at all.... quite disappointing actually.. all in all thredbo is still mad fun to ride.
Still should be a good season ahead.
that sucks about the wall ride, that was sic, i did runs just for it:p

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
It sounds great im heading down to Thredbo for the second time in Janurary and can not wait. Does anyone know who you can buy lift tickets through?
Its a shame that wall ride is gone i loved it:(

Cheers
Cody

s_t_3_v_3

Likes Dirt
The wall ride is also gone :(....
I think maybe the reason for this is that as i recall, the wall ride was owner by RAW nrg, (please correct me if im wrong), and it was painted "camo", which is kinda the Raw nrg thing.. so if the place has new owners, i dont think they'd be using the old stuff...?? or maybe its just getting a new paint job:D

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think maybe the reason for this is that as i recall, the wall ride was owner by RAW nrg, (please correct me if im wrong), and it was painted "camo", which is kinda the Raw nrg thing.. so if the place has new owners, i dont think they'd be using the old stuff...?? or maybe its just getting a new paint job:D
This is possibly the case, but the last few years it has taken them atleast 6 weeks to get the jump and then the wall ride in.

Dougy

Likes Dirt
A few old and a few new. Danny and Marky are still there but everyone else has moved on. Still around just doing different things. Danny is doing most of the wrenching there and he does a really good job. Just hope he hasn't got Michael Jackson on the stereo as it could take a little longer with his regular dance breaks.