Thredbo this weekend

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So pumped . Thredbo opening weekend . Any one else heading down/up ? Can't wait to hit Aussi goat DH .

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The track is mint , hero dirt . After riding bike parks OS for the past few years it's a nice change to get on Aussie DH trails . Best riding , no rain .

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
The track is mint , hero dirt . After riding bike parks OS for the past few years it's a nice change to get on Aussie DH trails . Best riding , no rain .
Did you ride the new AM trail at all? Because the top section of that was a quagmire! There were full switchback corners that were nothing but ankle deep mud. Couple of sections that were pretty muddy at the top of the flow trail too, but nothing like what was on the AM trail. My mates and I were laughing at the Thredbo posts describing some sections as 'soft' - good to see the person who does their snow condition reports has a job for the summer months too :heh:

The dirt in the lower sections though...sooo good! Hero dirt is exactly right.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did you ride the new AM trail at all? Because the top section of that was a quagmire! There were full switchback corners that were nothing but ankle deep mud. Couple of sections that were pretty muddy at the top of the flow trail too, but nothing like what was on the AM trail. My mates and I were laughing at the Thredbo posts describing some sections as 'soft' - good to see the person who does their snow condition reports has a job for the summer months too :heh:

Rode it today , sure there was a little sludge but very minimal more dranage work has been done and loads of track work on the flow track yesterday and today .It was windy today so it was still tacky but drying . Its a sweet little trail , very " trail " XC " AM " orientated ,killed on my DH bike but the ability to go fast is there and its 8 Ks ? . Far better gradient than Stromlo I think its good , more variety for little bikes . Really I was there for the DH track but did flow for a warm up and had to check the AM trail .

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Rode it today , sure there was a little sludge but very minimal more dranage work has been done and loads of track work on the flow track yesterday and today .It was windy today so it was still tacky but drying . Its a sweet little trail , very " trail " XC " AM " orientated ,killed on my DH bike but the ability to go fast is there and its 8 Ks ? . Far better gradient than Stromlo I think its good , more variety for little bikes . Really I was there for the DH track but did flow for a warm up and had to check the AM trail .
Yeah, it was Saturday when I rode it, and it would have been at its worst then. Really looking forward to heading back and having another go when it's dried out. Also looking forward to when they change the route the temp access trail takes, 'cause pushing the bike up that damn hill once was enough! Good to hear they've done work since the weekend, some sections would have been seriously chopped up.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
MIGHT be shredding Thredders on the 26th... Depends if my frame and wheels arrive on time. Doesn't seem like they will.

Should be there in late December, after the Cannonball festival so there's less riders and not a large chairlift queue.

shokxxs

Cannon Fodder

Only in spring. Go in mid to late summer and she's sweet