Ti Commencal Absolut now 8.68kg

Q dog

Likes Dirt
Just got this. It's a long Commencal Absolut dj in titanium. Don't how many of these are in the country but I don't think there would be to many. Most parts are off my last hardtail. IMAG0599.jpg
Fox f100 qr15 might lower to 80mm
Foride 45mm stem
Controltech house 38mm riseIMAG0164.jpgIMAG0163.jpg
S&m grips, ti wtp bar ends
Xtr race brake, magura storm sl 140mm rotor
Oddessy Aittken seat, Thompson elite post NOW KHE EXHIBIT ONE PIECE
Profile crank with hollow ti axle 27t sprocket NOW 25T
Dt 240 hubs, ztr flow rims, ti spokes, alloy nipples
Kenda smallblocks

Last edited:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, very very nice.

How did you get the frame? I tried to find these in Australia (not that I could afford one) a while ago and had no luck.

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt
Went looking for the frame online, is it a couple of years old and no longer available? Or brand new and just not advertised?

Q dog

Likes Dirt
Bought the frame brand new. Rrp is like $3000. Didn't pay that. There's a couple of online shops selling them. Your local Commencal dealer should be able to get one in. I know Edge cycles said that they could get one in. Comes with a Thompson seatpost, a seatclamp and a headset.

Q dog

Likes Dirt
Couple of updates. Now has a blue 25t sprocket, a blue seat clamp, a blue headset spacer. Also a khe one piece seat/post and a hollow pin/link chain. These changes dropped almost half a kilo. Now 8.68kg.........maybe too light. Never!

driftking

Wheel size expert
Damn thats nice, whats the frame weight alone?
What was the reason for going so expensive for this ti, performance or purely asthetic/uniqueness?

Q dog

Likes Dirt
Yes that's my green orange at edge.

Wanted one of these since they came out and really wasn't expensive. Awesome deal. Doesn't everyone want to be a little unique......
Frame is about 1.5kg. Didn't get an exact weight on the frame, just bathroom scales.

Last edited:

Q dog

Likes Dirt
Just thought I'd throw up an update. Now with a Dartmoor Bronx fork. Hope tech x2 brake as I used the xtr on the santa cruz. Flow ex rims on hope pro2 evos. Ss rear. Ns proof bars and ns pro quark stem. Straitline amp pedals. And 26" powerblocks. Haven't even had time to ride it. Family Life. .......

Attachments