Ti-Springs

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone bought anything from www.ti-springs.com? The Ti-bolts in particular as I run an air shock. They are hella expensive but could ad a nice look to the right bike. I see Troy Brosnan uses them. Any pics would be appreciated!

Ideate

Anyone bought anything from www.ti-springs.com? The Ti-bolts in particular as I run an air shock. They are hella expensive but could ad a nice look to the right bike. I see Troy Brosnan uses them. Any pics would be appreciated!
I've got a Ti-Spring's spring on the Spitty. They're good. Just a spring though, nothing special. Good with emails. Scout Gregory, the owner that is.

175598e94807ace21137a37c2f077fde.jpg

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a Ti-Spring's spring on the Spitty. They're good. Just a spring though, nothing special. Good with emails. Scout Gregory, the owner that is.

View attachment 330475
Thats the best looking banshee i've ever seen mate. I was more so wondering about the Ti-bolts although its good to see the international sales is fine to buy through.

I'm guessing Troy doesn't pay for them...
I doubt her would with money although he wouldn't put anything on his bike. I would upgrade pretty much every other part on my bike first but I think they would look awesome

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
I had a pretty shitty experience with tisprings. 4 months and 3 separate deliveries lost in post (apparently) so I gave up, asked for a refund and ordered a Vivid Air from Bike24 that arrived in 2 days (with cheaper post!!)

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought a pre-order Spring from ti-springs.com. Ordered on the 24th May arrived today (27th July). Not the quickest but it was a pre-order one. Looks the goods, I reckon.

udi

swiss cheese
I had a pretty shitty experience with tisprings. 4 months and 3 separate deliveries lost in post (apparently) so I gave up, asked for a refund and ordered a Vivid Air from Bike24 that arrived in 2 days (with cheaper post!!)
My friend had the same experience with Ti-Springs.com, the guy kept lying to him about his spring and it took many months before he even shipped it.

It actually became a running joke in our group since the service was so terrible, and after however long, the guy threw in some crappy $2 grips and said something like "I hope my gift more than compensates for the delay".

Also the Ti-Springs.com springs are cheap and heavy - good as a last resort, but better to try and find a quality spring second hand first if you want accurate rates and a much more significant weight saving (The good brands are: Progressive, Obtainium, DSP, Kronos, Manitou, Marzocchi - almost all of these are made by the same OEM, and can even be over-stroked by 0.25" reliably for greater weight savings if desired).

I think the bolts are probably fine though, much easier to source those, and much less complicated to make. It's worth noting this guy makes nothing in house, he just repackages stuff from China and upsells it which is why there's often long waiting times.

The higher quality springs have wider spaced windings (this one is a DSP on an old bike of mine):

Last edited: