TIA - This Is Australia

S.

ex offender
TIA (This Is Australia) gives us a look at what some of our best riders have to offer, what they're up to and what they think of some of the other Australian riders. Featured riders include Nathan Rennie, Jared Graves, Chris Kovarik, Jared Rando, Amiel Cavalier, Ben Cory, Sam Hill, Mitch Delfs, Rhys Willemse, Joel Bain, Shaun O'Connor and more.

Check it out here.

stevenw

Pro Rider
I watched the DVD lastnight for the first time and I thought it was great. I liked learning more about the riders and the feature on the up and coming juniors was great as well. It made you feel proud to be an Aussie.

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I watched the DVD lastnight for the first time and I thought it was great. I liked learning more about the riders and the feature on the up and coming juniors was great as well. It made you feel proud to be an Aussie.
Couldn't agree more. The production quality was also quite amazing.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
The best setions were in fact the Ben Cory, Mitch Delfs, Rhys Willemse, Joel Bain and Shaun O'Connor sections. Good job Sam!!!

Oh, and I am in it too, so it has to be a good DVD! hahahahaha.......:D

jackthewolverine

Likes Dirt
Yeah i got it at canberra and it is wicked. And it's got footage of sammy(DUNGA) from long gully. and is it just me of is Mitch Delfs riding a iron horse. i thought he was with tomac

stevenw

Pro Rider
Yeah i got it at canberra and it is wicked. And it's got footage of sammy(DUNGA) from long gully. and is it just me of is Mitch Delfs riding a iron horse. i thought he was with tomac
The footage was shot before Mitch and Rhys received their bikes from Tomac.

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I loved the Joel Bain, Shaun O'Connor and Mitch Delfs sections. Rhy's part should of been a bit longer I believe. But all in all a great movie.

2012DH

Likes Bikes
such a good film.....
fav part was when sam hill refused to talk so they put subtitles in!!

Linus

Squid
Is this the exact same as what they showed at the World Cup at Stromlo this year? Or was that just a preview?

demo man

Used to be cool.
such a good film.....
fav part was when sam hill refused to talk so they put subtitles in!!
Sam didn't refuse to talk, he actually put aside a fair chunk of time for the interview. There were some audio issues, and so instead of having subtitles while he talked we went for a more creative solution - it's a light hearted joke about his reputation as a quiet talker.

Is this the exact same as what they showed at the World Cup at Stromlo this year? Or was that just a preview?
Yes, they played the whole film, although not the extras, at the WC.

Does anyone know if I can get this video (DVD) compatiable with North American DVD players?
VAS Entertainment are distributing the film outside of Australia, you will be able to buy NTSC copies of TIA in a few weeks through them (so, it'll be available anywhere that good MTB films are stocked).

I'm glad you guys like the film.

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brilliant movie mate.
Awsome footage.

Oh, I bought my copie from the WC and It has some glitches in the back half?? Can I get a new one?

Linus

Squid
Alright

It was alright, the footage was great, but I got sick of the Current Affair style interviews with people like the riders parents, its more of a documentary about Aussie riders than a mtb movie.But anyway this is just my opinion so please don't go crazy.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was alright, the footage was great, but I got sick of the Current Affair style interviews with people like the riders parents, its more of a documentary about Aussie riders than a mtb movie.But anyway this is just my opinion so please don't go crazy.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the purpost of the film. "TIA (This Is Australia) gives us a look at what some of our best riders have to offer, what they're up to and what they think of some of the other Australian riders"

Linus

Squid
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the purpost of the film. "TIA (This Is Australia) gives us a look at what some of our best riders have to offer, what they're up to and what they think of some of the other Australian riders"
I understand that, I found the interviews of the riders interesting, i just got sick of the other people by the end of the film.

bethextrem1

Likes Dirt
I really liked the movie, although what they do in their spare time doesn't interest me at all. The parts where Sam's not talking was great almost awsome but what is writen in the subtitles doesn't make a great deal of sense, gramma was shocking, nor was it very relevant to what was happening at the time.
Why wouldn't you adjust it a little, even ask Sam to re-say it so as it's more ledgable. I understand what he's basically saying but.....
What I'd like to see is more on their particular preference for bike set ups, in relation to the lastest products on the market. Actually get them talking about, showing you their line choices and why.
The helmet cams were awsome, but again if your making a movie why do you allow footage of riders slowing down the star, making him have to stop or worse fast forwarding (speeding up) sections because of slower riders???!!!WTF
And while I'm beeing picky, why was Nathan's the only helmet cam pointing high enough to see what's coming up? and then it was crooked?

I've just re-read what i've said and although it's bitchy I want you to still understand that I loved this movie. Picky is a better word don't you agree?

My favourite parts of the movie are definately the helmet cam stuff, when it showed the whole track from start to finish. Loved it!

Great work looking forward to the next one.

Last edited: