Tightarse people - share your stories here

Middo

Likes Bikes
The lawn-mowing contractor that comes to do the grass next-door. Do you think the lazy wanker could at least mow up to the boundary? The last time it was a good 2-3m from there, not even close. Must save him a heap of time...........

Capone

Likes Dirt
You guys have successfully turned an amusing thread into a pile of blah blah blah. Can we get back to the tightarse stories and you guys take the cock fight somewhere else?
I was in tears reading some of the stories, but as usual a forum is ruined by people agenda pushing. Seriously im sure there is a forum on the FIN for this rubbish, big cheer for ruining another funny forum topic.

And for the record it is a social/Moral responsibility of people who have the money to assist others who are not doing so well in life, it's a little thing called "Humanity"

MasterOfReality

After forever
I was in tears reading some of the stories, but as usual a forum is ruined by people agenda pushing. Seriously im sure there is a forum on the FIN for this rubbish, big cheer for ruining another funny forum topic.

And for the record it is a social/Moral responsibility of people who have the money to assist others who are not doing so well in life, it's a little thing called "Humanity"
C'mon man, you don't want people pushing agendas and then you add that last sentence in?

Back on topic,

A mate stopped buying his chicken burgers from Chicko's (or whatever they are called) next for to Figtree Pub because they went up something like 50c. "Its the principle" was his excuse.

His brother is a notorious tightwad, lived at home and sponged off his parents until he was 30. The type that would always find an excuse to go home when it was his round, always ask for petrol money even though we used to just take turns when going out and being designated driver etc etc.

But when his parents went to Europe for a month and left him to fend for himself, he was spending $20 a day on Subway instead of cooking and still insisting he was short of cash.

Last edited:

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr

pot, this is kettle.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
i get my neighbour's mowing guy to dump the cuttings on my garden. add a little chook poo and i've got cheap mulch.

spotted another neighbour in his ridiculously expensive fourby dumping palm fronds and plant cuttings in the bush track where i ride. yes it costs money to dump them at the tip's greenwaste facility, but seriously, if you can afford a car like that, a $20 trailerload isn't going to break the bank.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well right now I feel like a tightarse, sort of.

I've been thinking off and on about buying a keyboard (music) for myself and the kids. Anyway I spotted pretty much what I wanted from an Ebay store for $269, which is just a fantastic deal and including a free adapter, stand and postage as well. So I went to the store website I was originally going to buy from but had been mulling over different models and prices for ages. They have the same thing for $349 including postage (prices are about the same at most other stores online), so I submitted a price match request anyway.
I was a bit shocked when they came back and said they'd do the price match. I had to ring them to make the order because I couldn't order online at the lower price, the person I spoke to on the phone was different to the one on email and he certainly didn't sound very pleased, commented that the price was ridiculous. So since my Husband was going to be in Perth in a few days anyway I offered for him to pick it up and save them on the postage, he sounded happier to honor the price match after that.

Geez I feel like the bad guy though.

Mobywan

Likes Dirt
Well right now I feel like a tightarse, sort of.

I've been thinking off and on about buying a keyboard (music) for myself and the kids. Anyway I spotted pretty much what I wanted from an Ebay store for $269, which is just a fantastic deal and including a free adapter, stand and postage as well. So I went to the store website I was originally going to buy from but had been mulling over different models and prices for ages. They have the same thing for $349 including postage (prices are about the same at most other stores online), so I submitted a price match request anyway.
I was a bit shocked when they came back and said they'd do the price match. I had to ring them to make the order because I couldn't order online at the lower price, the person I spoke to on the phone was different to the one on email and he certainly didn't sound very pleased, commented that the price was ridiculous. So since my Husband was going to be in Perth in a few days anyway I offered for him to pick it up and save them on the postage, he sounded happier to honor the price match after that.

Geez I feel like the bad guy though.
That's not being a tightarse... that's negotiating. Well done! They didn't have to sell it to you.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
pot, this is kettle.
I read through most of the thread but can't be bothered going back and finding a good example.

I live in Toowoomba and have had many friends affected by the flooding down the range. My girlfriends step dad has his entire house flooded and everything inside was destroyed. He was at work and managed to keep the princely belongings of his ute and the clothes he was wearing. Now he owns his own business, a couple of sawmills (he started in Queensland less than 8 years ago with nothing) and was unable to claim the 1000 bucks because when they went to claim, it was means tested. They have insurance and it is coming through but in the mean time he was left without anything and genuinely needed people's goodwill. He recieved large ammounts of donated food, clothes and labour (to help clean the house up). A family friend was lost in the floods, along with his whole house. His wife was left with nothing and noone. Again, insurance has come to the party giving her the value of house and contents + 40,000 + 9,000 for the funeral. But that took weeks. She needed a place to stay, food, etc. Compare that to deadshits i work with who claimed the 1000 bucks because they couldn't drive to work that day so they had to take a sick day. I agree with what you're saying but some of those people genuinely needed to be helped.

Now what I REALLY don't agree with is people saying that you should donate or you're unaustralian. If you feel as though you are fortunate enough in the world to donate then good for you. If you rort the system and take money from the donatee's, then you are the lowest form of scum. THATS unaustralian. Everyone else are, well, everyone else. Saints don't look good standing next to saints now do they :p

Anyway some good points in there 77. A little on the extreme side but a debate is useless (and boring) unless both sides are fighting extremes.

e/ oh and another thing, to those that raise the hoses to get more fuel. The fuel you get empties the hose yeah? So... the next guy that comes along pays to fill the hose back before it starts going into the tank? You aren't being robbin hood, taking from the mighty oil companies and giving it to your wallet. You're taking a few cents worth of fuel off the guy who comes next. If everyone did, or everyone didn't do that you'd end up in the same spot. Seems pretty pointless to me.

Now for a tight arse story. I work at a wholesale bakery, and our production manager (one of the 3 top bosses) frenquently jump into the trash compactor to sort through the rubbish and make sure we dont' throw out too much. I hold my breath walking past that compactor. It smells like years and years of bin juice concentrated, and he jumps straight in there and starts shuffling rubbish around.

Last edited:

mtb1611

Seymour
I read through most of the thread but can't be bothered going back and finding a good example.

I live in Toowoomba and have had many friends affected by the flooding down the range. My girlfriends step dad has his entire house flooded and everything inside was destroyed. He was at work and managed to keep the princely belongings of his ute and the clothes he was wearing. Now he owns his own business, a couple of sawmills (he started in Queensland less than 8 years ago with nothing) and was unable to claim the 1000 bucks because when they went to claim, it was means tested. They have insurance and it is coming through but in the mean time he was left without anything and genuinely needed people's goodwill. He recieved large ammounts of donated food, clothes and labour (to help clean the house up). A family friend was lost in the floods, along with his whole house. His wife was left with nothing and noone. Again, insurance has come to the party giving her the value of house and contents + 40,000 + 9,000 for the funeral. But that took weeks. She needed a place to stay, food, etc. Compare that to deadshits i work with who claimed the 1000 bucks because they couldn't drive to work that day so they had to take a sick day. I agree with what you're saying but some of those people genuinely needed to be helped.

Now what I REALLY don't agree with is people saying that you should donate or you're unaustralian. If you feel as though you are fortunate enough in the world to donate then good for you. If you rort the system and take money from the donatee's, then you are the lowest form of scum. THATS unaustralian. Everyone else are, well, everyone else. Saints don't look good standing next to saints now do they :p

Anyway some good points in there 77. A little on the extreme side but a debate is useless (and boring) unless both sides are fighting extremes.

e/ oh and another thing, to those that raise the hoses to get more fuel. The fuel you get empties the hose yeah? So... the next guy that comes along pays to fill the hose back before it starts going into the tank? You aren't being robbin hood, taking from the mighty oil companies and giving it to your wallet. You're taking a few cents worth of fuel off the guy who comes next. If everyone did, or everyone didn't do that you'd end up in the same spot. Seems pretty pointless to me.

Now for a tight arse story. I work at a wholesale bakery, and our production manager (one of the 3 top bosses) frenquently jump into the trash compactor to sort through the rubbish and make sure we dont' throw out too much. I hold my breath walking past that compactor. It smells like years and years of bin juice concentrated, and he jumps straight in there and starts shuffling rubbish around.
Very well-rounded post. But I must say that your username is utterly spectacular; when I read it I laughed a laugh of hearty proportions.

seventyseven

There is no agenda, its a common ideal in society, we as people should look after each other, kinda like helping an injured rider or teaching a new rider a skill
as has already been said to you.

"you don't want to push agendas and then you throw that last sentence in".

you just don't want agendas pushed that aren't yours. in other words, you're a hypocrite. ;)

seventyseven

it's never as much fun if you control yourself :)

as i've said, i'm not completely heartless. i just hate people expecting others to bear the brunt of their f**kups. there are infinite things people can do for situations like this - have some set aside savings, have an emergency line of credit, have income protection insurance etc. as i've already said - nobody would pay for my house to be rebuilt should it be the only one flooded. why does this change when it happens to more than one person? there is NO sense in this. NONE.

i certainly have sympathy for most of the people that were killed, short of the ones that were told to leave by the SES and just stayed or similar.

a tightass story: mates GF came with us to get a bite to eat & conveniently left her money at home as she "thought we were just going for a drive".

Capone

Likes Dirt
it's never as much fun if you control yourself :)

as i've said, i'm not completely heartless. i just hate people expecting others to bear the brunt of their f**kups. there are infinite things people can do for situations like this - have some set aside savings, have an emergency line of credit, have income protection insurance etc. as i've already said - nobody would pay for my house to be rebuilt should it be the only one flooded. why does this change when it happens to more than one person? there is NO sense in this. NONE.

i certainly have sympathy for most of the people that were killed, short of the ones that were told to leave by the SES and just stayed or similar.

a tightass story: mates GF came with us to get a bite to eat & conveniently left her money at home as she "thought we were just going for a drive".
Your a knob

TWChikn

Likes Dirt
Annnd the tightarse award goes to..... SeventySeven!! For being tightarse not only in monetary matters but also in emotional matters. Anyone can be tight with money, but to be so tight to not feel sorry for people who lost everything and are experiencing tremendous heartbreak, their fault or not takes a special soul. Enjoy the award, put it on your mantelpiece and one day you can tell your grandkids all about it.

blazing928

Cannon Fodder
I feel like a tight arse, let me explain why;
I just paid $245 to get my Fox Float R shock serviced. A bag of O rings and plastic bits, maybe $20 worth of parts.
Koni recently custom valved my car shocks at $145 each.....
Then I find that Rock Shox don't make seals for a Sid Hydra air any more:mad:, so I would need to pay them $200 for a new something or other to replace the old seals.
I kinda feel ripped off...:(

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i made my own homemade bb spacers cause i didn't want to fork out for some new cranks.

I always lift up the petrol hose pipe to get every last drop.

I use e10, because its cheaper. :rolleyes:

I won't forget an "iou." ever.

I'm not ashamed to use entertainment vouchers on my meals out and about.

I built a 500 dollar downhill bike.

International transaction fees make me cry.

I'll always be the one in the maxi taxi saying "look, i'll buy you a drink once we get there."

its a $10 minimum to get into my shuttle ute.

I run slick minions on my bike.... Tyres are expensive.

Jeans are unnecessarily over priced, if i wanted to look like i was attacked by a tiger i would go to dreamworld (wait thats much more overpriced).
hahaha gold!