Time for a fuel TV rant

Jklein

Squid
Ok seriously wtf is with fuel tv and there shit programming. Seriously its meant to be a bloody extreme sports network and they show stupid crap like x play and gaming shows f*&king non stop. Like come on what does wanking your x box slash ps controller have to do with action sports exactly....... I have no problem with them showing that crap but if you do don't call yourself a action sports network and then show that crap. Seriously why not leave that stuff to bloody espn 12 or some shit and try showing more snowboarding, skating, bmx, skiing, moto, extreme office chair racing ( ooo yeah it does exist and its spectacular) or hmmmmmm maybe some more f*%king UCI downhill world cups! stuff which is actually worth being called and action sport.

Time to lift your game fuel before my gf has to listen to anymore of my long stupid and very less censored rants in person.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agreed there are some serious lemons in the mix. But so long as they keep broadcasting live surfing comps and dew tour events, I'll forgive a few indiscretions.

DW-1

Dirt Works
I hear you. every time I check the channel I seem to find nothing but unlimited fights. (which is fine if that's your bag... but it bores me to tears)

Elvis.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I haven't watched Fuel TV in a while (it just seems to be all that ultimate fighter, cage fighting stuff - fine for a few mins, but seriously all day?!), but have they still got those chicks in bikinis popping up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen at random times? Whilst those chicks are attractive, it's all quite gratuitous.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just as I was about to re-add Fuel TV to the plan.. I think I might pass.

It does have it's moments but UFC 24/7 gets pretty old. Fuel tv also didn't seem to run all that much new content. However The dew tour and all the other skateboarding/bmx'ing comps were really good!

Big Chuck

Likes Dirt
I agree too. It's gone crap in the last 6-12 months. And when they put something on, it's just the same repeat from last month.

What happened to the Friday night ride night?? It had a good mix of MTB plus some Roadie stuff in between.

We need to hit up Foxtel.

Not happy!!

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
Another sport/hobby I am into made a series to document the sport/scene here in Australia. It was meant to be shown on Fuel but I was told that the Fuel Channel was running at a loss in relation to viewer numbers and budget allocated and this meant showing cheaper programming (UFC constant repeats etc). This doco ended up on the lifestyle channel as the Fuel Channel didn't have the budget to show it or any other latest or live lifetsyle sports. This could all be rumor but it does make sense.

The same thing has occured with Channel Tens One HD, they have run at a loss since it's inception and programming has changed accordingly. Originally heaps of sport running 24 hours a day to now showing crap like cops, old movies etc etc through prime time slots.

kgunzer

Likes Dirt
Another sport/hobby I am into made a series to document the sport/scene here in Australia. It was meant to be shown on Fuel but I was told that the Fuel Channel was running at a loss in relation to viewer numbers and budget allocated and this meant showing cheaper programming (UFC constant repeats etc). This doco ended up on the lifestyle channel as the Fuel Channel didn't have the budget to show it or any other latest or live lifetsyle sports. This could all be rumor but it does make sense.

The same thing has occured with Channel Tens One HD, they have run at a loss since it's inception and programming has changed accordingly. Originally heaps of sport running 24 hours a day to now showing crap like cops, old movies etc etc through prime time slots.
Heard that from work as well. Viewer participation drops dramatically as soon as you start seeing crap programs being aired. Forces of economics are brutal on free to air channels and so much more on pay TV.

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
Slightly off topic but in my opinion since free to air have increased their channel numbers eg channel 7 now with 7, 7HD, 7two 7mate etc the quality of programming has also suffered as well. Increasing the amount of channels available only thins out the viewing population for each channel.

Same can be said about retail shopping at a local level with extended trading hours. 7 days a week trading and late night shopping as well. People don't have anymore money to spend but simply have more choice when to spend it. Great for you and I timewise but the local traders overheads have increased which have unfortunately been passed onto you and I. Hence, one reason, why it is so difficult for our LBS to compete with dedicated online traders.

Sorry for my off topic rant.

Last edited:

bardynt

Back in his day.....
Hi

i agree with what said above about shops being open all the time. they tried that were i live for a few years with food stores. they had place open 24/7 but after 10 pm or later was mostly a ghost town. most people even who worked at nights weren't coming in past 12 to get there food. so what happened everyone went back to closing those stores at 10pm.

Also with this fuel tv program i haven't had cable for years. there is few reasons why would i pay like 60 dollars a month for the bare basic programs when i get that for free. Then if you want any extras like discovery science or some special sports programs or what ever you re interested in you end up paying a extra 10 dollars each on top of that for each channel. I looked at it costing my mate about 100 dollars a month for mostly crap tv programs majority of which can see on free to air. then the special tv programs that you pay for are repeated so often that the week its hardly worth watching them.

fatdude

Likes Bikes
I used to watch friday night bike religiously on fuel while living at the inlaws. Is that canned now? Glad i dont pay for fox fuel would have been one of the main reasons i got it.

And oneHD seriously enough baseball and american football already!

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
I used to watch friday night bike religiously on fuel while living at the inlaws. Is that canned now? Glad i dont pay for fox fuel would have been one of the main reasons i got it.

And oneHD seriously enough baseball and american football already!

That it does but it has dropped alot of Australian sport and anything from 6pm to 11pm is cops, bondi rescue etc etc. I would gladly take American sport over that rubbish.