Tinea gone bad

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
I'm currently in the perpetual cycle of home in-grown toenail treatment. It involves using a razor to cut down the nail all the way down. Then ripping it off. I hurts like a bitch for about a day and is perfect for another two weeks before it grows back to it's former self.

Probably should see the doctor but the smug prick would just lecture me about not cutting myself.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
I used to have major ingrown big toenail problems, changed the way I cut them (straight across now) and no more dramas. Nasty stuff, good luck with it.

My big toe is growing back to its former self, now the nail is growing through the new flesh. Feels great...

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Scarface, that's exactly how they do them at the podiatrist, except with a kind of chisel. Like Slip said, cut straight across the nail, not into the corners. Also, check out the kids of shoes you're wearing.

spyderman_au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had exactly the same thing happen to me and this was the result. I nearly lost my foot.

Just kidding, something completely different. Just a word of warning, DO NOT ignore lumps that just appear. If it does not look like it belongs itprobably doesn't......

Last edited:

binner

Hath shat hymself
the moral of the story

ok ok ...so my good friend and co (ex) rider has dragged up this thread after its dying down a while back.

I should really conclude this saga as it has come good.

So after several weeks after writing this I gave up and just put on those bunyon pads for months trying to subdue the major fuggin pain I was enduring all day but it wasn't really working. After a few scotch n dry's I began picking at the hard black sore that was grown over and to my surprise a big circle of black skin just fell off which led to a squirt or two of black blood to jettisent onto the rug. As stealth as I am I proceeded to rub the blood squirts that spewed with great force from the hole in my foot into the beautiful "Rugs a Million" rug that my missus bought a while back.... FYI....as I type Im actually looking at the remains of dry ingrained blood that has made the rug its home. Now I know why my dog loves sniffing that spot and confuses my missus to no end.

So here we are with blood squirting , me trying to cover it up on the rug and my pain thresehold is dying a slow death. What do I do ....well firstly I screamed like a girl which made my missus come flying in the room as if I was being chopped up into little pieces by a crazed leprachaun on acid. Once I calmed self down it was time to go back to the torch and shaved needle nose pliers. This time I had paper towels and a bite cloth ready.

In I went with the torch and did a wee exploration with the pliers pushing white mushy gunk around and padding up blood with paper towel. Bugger me, out of the blood soaked mess I saw a white tipped bit of sinue...hmmmm what's that I thought. In went the sharpened needle nose pliers, digging in a bit to get a good pinch hold on whatever that thing was and in a split second I had a great grab which resulted in me thinking now or never , pull that sucker out and get over it. I tugged fast and holy crap!!!!! blood just gushed out of this fugging hole. I plugged it up real quick, which in looking back was a very smart thing to do because the towel was soaking up blood fast, kinda like those womans hygiene commercials you see on TV with the hot chick telling us about how absorbant those maxi pads really are. I then looked at what I had pulled out and it was a huge tap root looking thing that I swear was about 20mm long. I was so stoked to have it out and in the clutches of my fabricated needle nose pliers that I completly forgot about the bleeding hole as it started to pool on the rug...FARRRRK!!! the missus went nuts. I then took one last look at my great prize and hobbled off to the bin and said my farewell.

I put a few pads on and strapping tape was added for a few days to help with the repairing tissue. And now here we are..alive, happy, walking properly (well almost) and not a pain at all to nag me.

So, I guess the moral of the story is to always wear thongs when showering away from home and alway see a Doc if pain persists.

hope this made a few of you laugh, a few cringe and a few think ...what a twit.

now .......GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!!

out

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
You should have kept it. You may have been able to grow it, then you could breed it with other foot mutants until an unstoppable army of slimey foot warriors would be at your disposal. The world would be yours, you could have all the bunyon pads you liked and no one could stop you.

Jervis

Likes Dirt
I had some uber big, rank formation of warts on my right knee bout 2 years ago. Turns out having a high speed crash on gravel wearing shorts fixes that problem:p

billymtb

Likes Dirt
hahah this is turning sicker and sicker :p

i had a small wart on my finger, picked at it with a needle and took out a tiny little white ball.

never grew back.

Mattw513

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wikipedia- "Phallus can refer to a penis, or to an object shaped like a penis. The word comes from Late Latin "phallus", from Ancient Greek "φαλλός" phallos, penis"

I would not like one to be on my Phallus....

But good to hear you got it out, Binner. No pics of the root?

binner

Hath shat hymself
soft

Wikipedia- "Phallus can refer to a penis, or to an object shaped like a penis. The word comes from Late Latin "phallus", from Ancient Greek "φαλλός" phallos, penis"

I would not like one to be on my Phallus....

But good to hear you got it out, Binner. No pics of the root?
yeah umm getting pics wasn't really on top of the agenda at the time, soaking up the blood and trying noy to cry was more of the order of the day....;)

well this thread is getting good ...lets hear more home surgery gone wrong on here....

Funky Frypan

Likes Dirt
I had some weird as all fuck growth on the bottom of my foot too. A bottle of wart remover shit, some nail scissors and a file fixed it up fine...

After about a month...

Of doing that every night, you could try wart remover than putting duck tape once dried and ripping it off.

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
I once had 2 warts just below my right elbow, went riding one day & had a bitchin' stack, it tore the little fukkers straight out & bled like a mother. massive scab ensued, went riding again the next week, took a massive digger while acting the fool, tore that scab clean off & bled like a mother fukker once again. Those little buggers never ever re-appeared & still have a nice scar to boot.:D

Also like to pick my toe nails & end up making them bleed because they like to keep becoming ingrown, should have shares in tweasers.:eek: