Tioga Disk Drive wheel !!

ihatescarves

Likes Bikes
thumpr said:
i'm building up a retro mtb and keen to use one of the old Tioga Disk drives if anyone has one laying around? maybe on an old bike??
People other than John Tomac actually had those things?! The later ones he used (clear and with massive bits cut out) looked so much cooler.

floody

Wheel size expert
Yeah, one of the bikeshop guys I used to deal with in Ballarat had one (I think), but ditched it like 10 years ago... They had some Tioga revolver cranks too, which got thrown out...along with the tioga air/oil forks (same as Jonny T's) I got off them , blew up, and binned....

I really think its unlikely you'll find one in Australia.
Maybe concentrate on finding some nice period rims, 231s, 217s, Sun Rhyno or something, and some nice retro hubs?

floody

Wheel size expert
edwin veal said:
i saw a heap of those on ebay a few weeks ago
not the australian one but if you a set on getting these then it may be worth it

found them
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tioga-Disc-Driv...181858464QQcategoryZ58089QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
this guy has 2
hope that helps
oh and floody navajo moved stores quite recently and i fear alot of great cycling memorabilia has been lost from their upstairs store room
Well, they didn't move far, I hope Tim, or probably Phil, had the good sense and nostalgia to keep some of the awesome old stuff they had from when Phil's old man owned the joint. I still ride a sweet old steel Shogun I bought off them about 9 years ago - it was their shop hack back then...