Titanium, Carbon or Alloy Single Speed hmmmmm

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Thanks for all that info Ackland! greatly appreciated! im not too keen on the belt drive due to having to order parts in and waiting etc... Im thinking standard drive is the go.

I heard Baum are about 6k for a frame?? have i been fed shit or is that right?

As for hubs im planing on using a multi-speed hub and just spacing it out :)
there is a ti bike in the classifieds- don't know what size you need

I like the Ritchey frames

sammie_wood

Likes Bikes
Cheers for that big Jd - shame its a 29er though - ewwwww. still waiting on funds though, if i had the money i'd probably bite :p

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
Ti bikes are awesome. I bought a ti Dean colonel ss with ebb 10 years ago. It has outlasted every other aluminum or steel bike I've owned. Dualies or ht. It,s had rigid carbon and ti forks and 4 different suspension forks ridden to death. I've raced the crap out of it , bike packed it , thrown it down the North shore in Vancouver worn out the ebb at the 8 year mark and been rolhoffed and is now on its 3rd set of wheels. Best and most fun bike I've oned. Every so often I give the ss thing a rest but always find my way back. No matter what the next N +1 will be I will always have this bike in my stable. Sure it's a little heavier than carbon but th ride is fantastic. I only recently paired it with a ti seatpost and regret not having done it sooner.

fitzroybikeco

Likes Dirt
Baum are (from 2014 price PDF):
Exserta MTB - Classic Ti $4,350
Extensa MTB - Ultimate Ti $5,850
both with 3T Team stem and seat pillar.

I looked at it a while ago but ended up getting a Xizang 9r that I am just about to start building.