Titanium Charge Blender, new pics , new parts

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys and girls, here is my Titanium Charge Blender. This build started out as a decision to repair/upgrade my old 2001 GT avalanche.
As you may notice, things got a little out of hand...This build has taken me the best part of a year to complete, as I constantly kept chaining my mind about what I wanted.
I wanted a DJ and an XC bike, but didn't have the room for two more bikes.... So after a lot of umming and arring I decided to build a bike that could potentially do both. Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions that you would like to make, go for it.
cheers,
Freddyy

Frame - Titanium Charge Blender
Front shock/fork - Fox RLC 100 Float - Tuned By NSDynamics
Handlebars - ENVE Carbon DH
Stem - Truvantiv
Headset - FSA Orbit MX Headset with Carbon Spacers
Grips - DMR Zip Grip
Saddle - A Crazy one, and surprisingly comfortable.
Seat-post - Token Pyrotec Carbon Seat-post
Front brake - Hope Tech M4 Evo, Clarks Light Weight Rotor
Rear brake - Hope Tech M4 Evo, Clarks Light Weight Rotor
Cranks - Shimano Saint M810
Chainguide - e-13
Chain - KMC X10 SL Gold 10spd
Pedals - DMR Vault Flat Pedals
Rear derailleur - Scram x0 - Black edition with Goodridge Gear Cable
Rear shifter - Scram x0 - Black edition
Cassette - Shimano XT M771 10 Speed
Front hub - Hope Hoops Pro2
Rear hub - Hope Hoops Pro2
Front rim - Mavic EX721
Rear rim - Mavic EX721
Spokes - Straight ones, hopefully
Nipples - yes
Tyres - Michelin Mountain Dry 2 Reinforced & maxxis advantage.
Total weight - 9Kg

IMG_3177.jpgIMG_3178.jpgIMG_3179.jpgIMG_3175.jpgIMG_3181.jpg

Last edited:

beardi

Likes Dirt
9kg thats astonishing! I love my Blender, only a steel one but easily the most fun bike in my stable. Enjoy!

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
9kg thats astonishing! I love my Blender, only a steel one but easily the most fun bike in my stable. Enjoy!
Haha thanks man, they are good fun. It should be even lighter now that I have gone tubeless and swapped out my seat-post for a titanium one. I am thinking of changing the cranks and getting enve wheels too but I will see how the budget goes!:pop2:

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went for a ride this arvo, Took some more Pictures, Added a few new parts to the bike:
- Crank Brothers Iodine 3 wheelset
- Enve/lynskeys Titanium seat-post. Not too impressed with enve's seat clamp design TBH, its very fiddly to set-up and I find that the seat angle slips and rotates!
- New tires, Maxxis High roller 2's

IMG_0299 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0293 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0295 - Copy.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:
J

JaRedy

Damn that's nice. Dare I say its even nicer than the Dreambuild.
But seriously though, when I thought you couldn't pimp it out any more you find a way. Looks insane.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its a thing of beauty, I hope to get a steel one to ride around town, and just do skids and wheelies on.
Thanks man, I wouldn't suggest putting opium wheels on your bike this time, save you having to throw you bike in the bushes again....

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is your front tyre on the wrong way intentionally? How does it affect the handling?
Yep. Basically reversing the tread on tyres provide a sharper bite/more grip; However the tyres may wear a little faster. A worthwhile trade off in my opinion. Some dont believe in it. Some do. Personal prefrence really.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Yep. Basically reversing the tread on tyres provide a sharper bite/more grip; However the tyres may wear a little faster. A worthwhile trade off in my opinion. Some dont believe in it. Some do. Personal prefrence really.
I do it with my rear high roller when I know I'm going to be doing a lot of uppy climby stuff, just curious as to how it works on the front.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I do it with my rear high roller when I know I'm going to be doing a lot of uppy climby stuff, just curious as to how it works on the front.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2
Same deal as the rear really. I dont usually have a problem with a loss of traction in the back. Then again im not a big climber. I ride a lot of light DH/DJ/singletrack so front end grip is a big thing for me. Ive kept the rear tyre the right way as still want to maintain good rolling ability.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same deal as the rear really. I dont usually have a problem with a loss of traction in the back. Then again im not a big climber. I ride a lot of light DH/DJ/singletrack so front end grip is a big thing for me. Ive kept the rear tyre the right way as still want to maintain some what good rolling ability.

This blank message was
Sent from my GT-I9210 using Tapatalk 2 because it keeps stuffing up.. Probably because I cheated and did not downlaod a legitimate copy.. Or I could just be retarted and dont know how to use the program.

Last edited:

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My dream hardtail frame. I have a steel Duster - what the Blender replaced - and love it to bits.
One day with a bit of cash I'd love to see it upgraded to a ti Blender. Looks so pimp, but a seriously tank build for an XC/DJ bike. I'm impressed it comes out at that weight with all the burl! Grats!