TMBA MTB Park meeting soon... (read bump)

MrPlow

TMBC
No worries Nathan, I have always been dead set on getting a DH course up and running first. But to stand by my previous statement I guess that depends on what the club members want most too? Who knows, perhaps different members can head up different projects to work on them simultaneously even? Like xc dh & 4x? Who knows really??

DYJK Idon't really know? If you see the pics from the top you can't even really see the 30 acres alloted for XC at the bottom. 8)

pyrotek

Likes Bikes
I may of be assistance with a bob cat given enough notice I "may" be able to get one for free for us to use good work friends here that I work with
I have been talking to them about this and they know some earth moving people
keep me posted Mrplow ya got my MSN if you need it
I will be joining MTBA next week

Good work all round!

Speshul K

Likes Dirt
Checked it out on the weekend looks to have heaps of potential. I a friend actually lives right next door to it (shares the fence line in the first pic). I think I'll be sucking up to him more now.

MrPlow

TMBC
This is the address for any club members from now on.
toowoomba_mtb@yahoo.com
To be added to the list reply to this mail with subject "TCC_MTB"
Cheers, Greg.

sounds like a plan. Thanks Pyrotek. And Tommo just get your mate into DH :) Prob solved!

MrPlow

TMBC
Hey guys. I will have a meeting for all club members soon. If you are in the club please reply to the email address toowoomba_mtb@yahoo.com so I can keep you posted. I am now officially the Rep for MTB for the club, I look forward to your help and ideas. I intend on getting together on sight straight away. So if you are interested in being a part of this, drop me an email.

Thanks guys.
Oh, and this just keeps snowballing :D Check out my post on the 4X track :shock:

Gripo

Eats Squid
Excellent..

Goood stuff Plow & friends.....
You have the potential for a great all year venue there with plenty of land to accomodate all diciplines of the Mtbike sport. With the weather being temperate all year ie. no snow like the south-no high humidity like north super comfy woohooo.
I spent 6 months in Twba last year and viewed the eastern slopes several times with thoughts of what potential could be had for the DH and mtbike community in general..... it's great to see you've got the ball rolling.
Questions.....
Is it likely those people who live next to the carpark could ark up against the traffic in their street.
What is the "shuttle" like for those who want to DH. (chairlifts one day maybe :lol: )
Any plans for some NS style courses for general riding.
Are you just a few guys fighting for access or is it a number of people.
Where abouts is the site located.
The flagon trail, can anyone ride it...I'd like to visit on my next holiday trip home to SEQ.
Anyways, look forward to living in Twba one day..............

MrPlow

TMBC
Gripper,
Cheers mate.
To answer your question, the land that we have has an existing easily shuttle-able bridle trail. Only the club may use this for events though, but on the other hand, anyone can do shuttles the long way via the range and withcott.
NS, possibly.... See what the club decides.
We are a club, and we didn't need to fight for land at all, just the right place at the right time I guess.
The land is at the end of Harvey street, off McKenzie street, in Jubillee park. We shouldn't bother the residents as there will really only be a few 'big' events per year.

Jared, Scott, Lindsay etc built Flaggy, and all are welcome. But just don't modify the trail, and please take care crossing the road (the locals are getting angry)...