Toebox on Specialized 2FO clip 2.0 lace shoes

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I have a foot that tends to fit Specialized shoes quite well. Both my roadie and XC shoes are spesh, both size 44.

Last year I bought a pair of 2FO Clip 2.0 laceup clipless shoes, and when trying them on I found the toebox a bit narrow. I have fitted cleats to them but not worn them riding yet. due to a zillion lockdowns where I wasn't near enough to a trail.
I didn't return them, as I thought they might break in a bit and loosen up a little at the toebox.

I'd read a review on bike radar where the reviewer said that his 44s felt a little on the small side

Does anyone else have these shoes? and do they stay fairly rigid around the toe area, or did they get a bit more comfortable?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Maybe not much help but I have an older prototype pair in 43 (Boa straps - not laced) and find they fit as per sizing on other brands but have noticed a slight narrowing in the toe box, I've ridden in these or a few years now and they haven't stretched one iota around the front, probably to do with all the reinforcing up there, but they are the most comfortable pair of trail shoes I've owned.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have these 2F0 Brosnans in size 43, they should look the similar to yours ? I also have a wide foot and the toe box felt ok. I didn't have them long before #2 son grew into them and they disappeared from my bike wardrobe.

To be honest with the synthetic build of these shoes, I don't reckon there will be much give or 'wearing' in with them. They may get more comfortable but if the toe box was tight, I don't think it will get any looser.

EDIT: yours are v2's but will still be similar build.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Thanks @nzhumpy and @ozzybmx

Mine are pretty much like yours Ozzy. placement of ventilation is a bit different, but the construction and sole is virtually identical.
I am sitting here with the 2FOs laced up tight, and I suspect that when I'm standing on the pedals or sitting in the saddle and spinning (grinding?) up a climb, that the toebox probably won't be much of an issue. I just have to bite the bullet and ride in them for a while. I don't think sizing up would be the answer, It feels like they are long enough in a 44, in size 45 the fit would probably become too sloppy

What shoes are you riding in now Ozzy? I've got time ATAC cleats on the 2FOs.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What shoes are you riding in now Ozzy? I've got time ATAC cleats on the 2FOs.
I have CrankBrother Mallet lace. Would like to say they are the most comfortable and best trail style shoe I have ever had but nobody says that about anything CrankBrothers :D

Had these since Jan when they came out and took a chance on the sizing as they had not arrived in Aus yet, they were spot on for me in a 43.5