Tom Patton Injured in Training Accident - Updated 14/11/07

old man

Likes Bikes
We dont want to know all the details just something more than he was injured - is that to much to ask:confused:

mattvincent

Likes Dirt
Dear David and Liz, extreemly sorry to hear what has happened and my wishes go out to you, my mother also sends hers.

T.P

Hey Dude, So sorry to hear about it all mate, hope everything is going well in the hospital and at least u dont have to do the dishes aye! No pissing your name on the walls in the hospital either that should stay over in the US buddy!. Hope you get better soon Tom if i think i might be coming up to sydney in the next few weeks if so i will drop in n say G'Day!.

Ill get onto you again soon Mate!! Hope ya get better ASAP!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV!!!!!

Matt Vincent!

junior

get out of my grill
hey everyone it's tom here. can't thank you all enough for the support, i had a'll the comments printed off so i could read them it really helps.

thanks again for the support and hope to see everyone again on my feet again.

hayd

Likes Dirt
hey everyone it's tom here. can't thank you all enough for the support, i had a'll the comments printed off so i could read them it really helps.

Bet putting "retirement village" as your location doesn't seem so funny anymore does it. jokes

Do you have any idea on how long it'll be till your outa there?

faceplant666

Likes Dirt

Seems like your getting better, Hope you get back on the bikes soon, How long have you got left in hospital? I just spent 8 weeks of the bike with a broken wrist drove me mad!!

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Update: 03/11/07

Now that most of the operations are done, we have more accurate information on the damage Tom has sustained.

We can now confirm that Tom has fractured his T3 and T4 in his back as well as his C7 in his neck. His jaw is broken in 4 places as well as at the joint, and both his cheek bones have collapsed.

At this point Tom is still lying on his back and isn’t aloud to sit up beyond 30 degrees. We’re hoping that in approximately 1 week’s time, Tom will start sitting up right. The following week should then see the doctors slowly start putting his bed up straight so he can try to walk again.

Tom’s mouth is still wired up at this time, but he should be having the wires removed in approximately 2 weeks time. Talking is obviously still very difficult, but Tom now has his laptop setup on his bed so he can read the messages you send.

Below are some pictures Tom has asked me to upload.

After surgery

2 days after surgery

1 week after surgery

oh shit

Main man for PSP MX vs ATV Battles Mr Geen from Inkline Clothing

Wish nurses looked like these girls

Sponge bather

Inkline hospital shirt

Need some new teeth

Good setup

Roof view

First time outside in month

Attachments

Last edited:

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
when i saw the first pic i thought he had like a full hockey mask type of thing goin ;) then the next three or four kind of set the realness of this injury into my head so mate hearing that it might be possible for you to walk in 2-3 weeks is pretty good hope you get well soon and are back kickin international ass once again

cheers:)

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dayyyum. I didn't realise actually how bad the accident was. Get better soon Tom!

Was he wearing a full-face?
I am guessing not because of the fractured cheekbones. etc.

Last edited:

hucker booner

Likes Dirt
yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh boy. rockin the VIP lounge! pimpin tee. that shit is hell limited. jahhaha

ps. 50 bucks WOO HOO!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Jesus dude. No half arsed attempts for you is there?

Good to hear you're on the mend, any memory of the event?

junior

get out of my grill
thanks for all the comments guys.

i remember landing then i was sitting on the ground then passed out and from there i just really remember the helicopter people getting dropped in then walking to the ambulance, being sick in ambulance. then got to emergency and them cutting my braces and piercings out then getting my cathida put in wont forget that then from there i had already had 2 injection of morphine and don't remember much really from the first week.

the 2 girls, the sponge bather is my girl friend and the other is a friend.

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Glad to see you on the mend Tom, defs going to drop by soon to see how you're going! Hopefully it won't be too long before we can go for a ride again eh:)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
That's good that you don't have vivid memories of it. Best to forget that kind of shit.

Good to see you're spirits are up and your girl is taking care of you. Hang in there, heal up and get back on it mate.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Good too see you're healing up well though! 2 days after surgery is nuts. Pretty sweet 'cuz you get a 1 off inkline shirt! Get well soon bud hopefully we'll hear some good news in relation to your sitting ability.

Best wishes.