Tool help

THISISTC

Likes Dirt
Hey guys Im thinking about buying a chain breaker, My question is

Can i put the chain back together(using the chain breaker) after i have taken the links ?

or do i need another tool?

bipyjamas

Likes Dirt
Most chain breaking tools will let you push a new pin in via the same mechanism that pushes pins out. However, you may as well grab some sort of quick link as opposed to using rejoining pins just so you don't have to keep breaking chains.

Last edited:

DownhillerDeano

Doesn't want a custom title!
Hey guys Im thinking about buying a chain breaker, My question is

Can i put the chain back together(using the chain breaker) after i have taken the links ?

or do i need another tool?

No, that same tool you use to push pins out is also capable of pushing new ones in:p Or existing ones if really really req'd!

EDIT: beaten by banana man:)^^

kidafa

Likes Dirt
if you know what your doing you can actually just push the pin out far enought to remove the chain in the firstplace and then you can re-use the same pin....

Ill prepare for a flamming know saying blah blah blah its not strongenough ect... but if youve spanner'd for a few trials riders and its all sweet for them youd know its fine wouldnt you ;)

Tomas

my mum says im cool
if you know what your doing you can actually just push the pin out far enought to remove the chain in the firstplace and then you can re-use the same pin....

Ill prepare for a flamming know saying blah blah blah its not strongenough ect... but if youve spanner'd for a few trials riders and its all sweet for them youd know its fine wouldnt you ;)
Yeah, you're okay kidafa. Pushing the old pin back through generally works.