toowoomba rides

bmxbandit

Likes Bikes
lefty and/or chompy
wed and fri avos, 4 oclock till too dark to ride, dh runs on tracks

sat ride (more to encourage begiiner types)
2.30 sat arv, xc type, on kitchener st corner of queens park

Damo

Likes Dirt
where's this chompy track? Is it near lefty, I might have riddin it but didn't know its name? Tell us where it is...... Jared I promise I won't ride it until it rains.

glassjaw

Likes Dirt
us toowoomba people are a mass crowd, kinda. im up for a ride but i have not been off road for a good year or so since ive discovered my skills on tarmac and man made constructions :D

Jared

Yeti Cycles
chompy is just near lefty, a couple hundred meters away, starts near th efence of J.E. duggan park there, could be sort of hard to find.... maybe.
i hope people keep reding this coz i walked over there today to see how it was goin and to see if anyone was still riding it, and they obviously are, my gaps are half dead, I know i cant make anyone not ride it or anything, but it wold be real nice if u didnt for now, im not the huuugest fan ever of goin and digging crap every day, juat to have people come and wreck my shit coz theres been no rain. Thanks

Damo

Likes Dirt
Thats a sick track .... short but sick. I love that boulder jump at the start its like it was just waitin 2 be jumped. & that gap half way down right beside the tree stump scared the absolute crap out of me the 1st time i did it. Awesome track!

Couple of little dudes have put a secret track in at jubilee (thats for Mr Dickhead Ranger). Even gone 2 the trouble of draggin a homemade skate ramp down there. Its not too bad, bit of built-up jumps and stuff & can be made a fair bit longer

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damo said:
Thats a sick track .... short but sick. I love that boulder jump at the start its like it was just waitin 2 be jumped. & that gap half way down right beside the tree stump scared the absolute crap out of me the 1st time i did it. Awesome track!

Couple of little dudes have put a secret track in at jubilee (thats for Mr Dickhead Ranger). Even gone 2 the trouble of draggin a homemade skate ramp down there. Its not too bad, bit of built-up jumps and stuff & can be made a fair bit longer
Where abouts is it?

louispijpers

model citizen
go down the fire trail about a kilometre frome the entrance at the bottom of fairholme st. then when u go around a gravily right hand corner and up a hill look for it on your right just past the crest. there is an extension on the left hand side of the fiire trail but it and the bit after the ramp need rain to pack it down. Me an some other fellas just do runs from the extension to the ramp till it rains and jest hard.

jamis7

Likes Dirt
chompy is just near lefty, a couple hundred meters away, starts near th efence of J.E. duggan park there, could be sort of hard to find.... maybe.
i hope people keep reding this coz i walked over there today to see how it was goin and to see if anyone was still riding it, and they obviously are, my gaps are half dead, I know i cant make anyone not ride it or anything, but it wold be real nice if u didnt for now, im not the huuugest fan ever of goin and digging crap every day, juat to have people come and wreck my shit coz theres been no rain. Thanks
i ride thruogh j.e duggan like everyday too get to lefty and ive never seen "chompy"

i doubt anyone will read this (seeing as it was started in 2003) anyway, chompy is further along from lefty, but as you have probably all seen there has been a lot of work happening. It would seem that the area is being cleared for housing (hope this doesn't go ahead). Half of chompy has been destroyed, including (unfortunitly) the drop off the rock.

Finally a bit of luck, lefty is still up and going so go have a look, plus it has recently been worked on and is continuely being fixed up. carefull of the three (or is it four?) shoots of on the left trail, they aim you into a well placed tree :eek:.
have fun guys, oh and does jared still ride in toowoomba much?