Totems!

marshro

Likes Bikes
Well guys i am looking for some new forks for my Norco Atomik. I was thinking maybe some Rock Shox Totem Coil Forks 2009 or Rock Shox Boxxer Race Forks 2010? What do you think? Thanks.

deniall

Likes Dirt
All depends on the type of riding you're doing. Totems are a good allround fork. I'm getting them on my DirtBag. 180mm of travel can pretty much handle anything.

DIRTYharry

Likes Bikes
well if you are racing i would go with the boxxers they are a good racing fork that will help you through rocks gardens and such
but if u also do a bit of freeriding totems are a good option they are lighter and are a great all round fork

there are positives to both forks but for racing definitely go for boxxers

Jack456

Likes Dirt
I love totems Ive had 2 set of 40's and switching to single crown is the best thing Ive done (dont really like dualcrown forks :confused:) My third set of Totems should be coming in the mail tomorrow :) I think they are fine for racing just depends on if you'd rather a dual crown or a single crown.

Jack456

Likes Dirt
Ive had 2008 solo air totems, 2009 coil and ive just oredered 2010 coil for 1200 or so from chain reaction.

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
Ive got 2009 Solo Airs.
Such a good fork; smooth stroke, plenty of adjustability, light and stiff. Gives a better turning circle than triple crown/clamps and you dont hit your knees when your flat out pedalling to the finish line.
Totems = win.

zen zen

Likes Dirt
I may just buy some Rock Shox boxxer team forks 2010 and be done with it. What do you think?
Its not what we think its what you think, we are not riding it you are. So if you think boxxer teams will suit your riding style then go for it dude. Or if you think you don't need the full 200mm travel and think that 180mm is enough and you want the extra turning circle of the single crown fork for those tricky technical section of race tracks then go for the totems. IMO i like the extra turning circle for some tricky stuff and since i don't weigh a hell of allot i went with 180mm travel and it soaks up everything on a downhill track. By the way i weigh 65 kg.

Hope that helps a little.

marshro

Likes Bikes
ok i will be making my choice when i find out the different adjustments between the boxxer 2010 race and coil totems and solo air

Jack456

Likes Dirt
The Totems have way more adjustment then 2010 Boxxer race, its not that hard to go on the Rockshox site and have a look for your self. My Totem coil felt heaps better for downhill compared to the solo air. I recon either get the Totem coil or spend the extra on the Boxxer team if adjustment is what you want.

GTP.

Likes Bikes
What is the axle to crown height of a Totem?
I'm thinking of getting some to replace my 04 boxxers, but don't want to make the bike any slacker.

thriller

Likes Bikes
If I were in your position I\'d probably grab some totems too. Solid fork, although people used to have heaps of complaints about the 2-step not working properly, not quite sure if the forks are perfect, but it seems from the response that everyones happy with them.