Tour Divide 2012

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Oh, and there is an Aussie riding TD this year too. Jarrod Dellamarta from Melbs. Good luck and best wishes. Is he the first Aussie to have a crack at this race?

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Oh, and there is an Aussie riding TD this year too. Jarrod Dellamarta from Melbs. Good luck and best wishes. Is he the first Aussie to have a crack at this race?
Not the first Aussie... Alex Field competed a few years back. 2007 I think, but that didn't include the Canadian portion then.

A few Kiwi's competing this year also...

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
Is he the first Aussie to have a crack at this race?
There are actually at least 10 who have tt'd it, but the technology seems to evade quite a few us. I tried for a few months to register an ITT attempt to no avail and was looking at a sub 18 day border-to-border ride until a bout of giardia in Wyoming and a broken frame in Colorado.

I think it is a betteer ride than a race.

I think the only way to go faster than what has been done is with faster tyres (I think that everyone is over tyred) and that you wou,d need to strategize hotels, ditching the bedroll and a lot of weight. This is totally possible, I've drawn out the maps. You need a weather window though...

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
In course record time (16 and a bit days) as a rookie... pretty impressive when you consider that Matt Lee credits his later wins to simply knowing the route (and where to get stuff) better than anyone else...

fergo

Likes Dirt
In course record time (16 and a bit days) as a rookie... pretty impressive when you consider that Matt Lee credits his later wins to simply knowing the route (and where to get stuff) better than anyone else...
Bit of a dig BUT all the best Pizzaz for this years race. I'll be watching online. Hope you achieve your goals.

JP

Likes Dirt
Always good to dig up this thread around this time. June 14th is the Grand depart. 120 or so partaking this year, including a few Aussies.

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Keep your eyes on Jesse and Liam, word on the street is that they can ride a bike. Looking forward to watching this year unfold.