Tour Divide is a go-go

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
And their off.... http://trackleaders.com/tourdivide

For all those arm chair blue dot junkies, the first rider has departed for SoBo on the ITT. The grand depart doesn't leave for a few days but an early departure means the fun on the side lines will last even longer.

With all the talk of snow, thank god I'm not out there riding it this year.

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Not only is there the snow to contend with (and resulting detours), apparently there's the threat of wildfires further south...

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Nice, rider tracking is pretty cool! Any Aussies racing this year?

Exie

Likes Dirt
No Aussies I dont think.

I'm cheering for Erik Lorbeck, he's doing the ITT-D this year, going in reverse (South to North)

The puzzling thing is the different start dates, make it difficult to track who's actually winning. Pitty there's not Matt Lee this year though.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
Thanks for posting this, I actually rode with one of the women in the event in Texas quite a bit. It's been a couple of years I've been out of touch, and now I see her name on the participant list! What an amazing event, I've ridden sections of trail in almost all the states it covers, but I couldn't imagine giving the whole thing a go.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
The answer being Justin Simoni. Go you nutter! GO!
I was talking with Elvis (of Dirt Works fame) earlier this week whether a Pug or MukLuk would be the go through those sections ;) might be a bit slow for the rest of the trip though...

Cheers
Spoonie

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Must be some pretty attrocious conditions over there to force another re-route.

Go the one gear warrior!
Yah but it makes sense, record snow = record snow melt = flooding and lots of wetness...

...and that's even before it starts raining!! :)

there's some comment on the bikepacking forums about how long Jefe can keep it up. Might be more of a matter of how long those following can keep it up!! 2 days in, lets see who pops first.

Cheers
Spoonie

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Yah but it makes sense, record snow = record snow melt = flooding and lots of wetness...

...and that's even before it starts raining!! :)

there's some comment on the bikepacking forums about how long Jefe can keep it up. Might be more of a matter of how long those following can keep it up!! 2 days in, lets see who pops first.

Cheers
Spoonie
By my count Jefe pulled nearly 40 hours straight with no more than about 2-3 hours off the bike in the first day. Machine!

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Looks like he pulled the pin on that route and is heading back towards the main route… or got lost!
In the 'map layers' section there is a filter for 'main snowy GDMBR route' or similar. If you click on that one, it shows the 'usual' route and Justin is still on track. It re-joins the main route as it crosses the border and then heads back into some more snowy post-holing fun. Lets see if he takes the next exit onto the snowy route or if he sticks to the re-routes from here on in.

I reckon he will take the snowy option again :)