Townsville Rockwheelers DH 4 - Mt Stuart

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
Townsville Rockwheelers DH Series RD4

So you have competed in the Queensland State Championships and still can’t get enough DH. Well now’s your change to grab those last vital points to be the 2010 Townsville Rockwheelers DH Series Champion for 2010.

The race will be the same as the final round in 2009. It will be King Of The Hill style again. Both tracks raced saperately. 2 race runs both race runs will be added together for your total time. If you think you can take it out then come along and enjoy the final DH round for Townsville Rockwheelers in 2010

Something for the new guys that would like to try DH. We have an extra category for the Noob’s of DH it will be a $10 entry fee, you still have the chance to race like everyone else. But, there is a catch this category is for new guys that have never raced DH, are very new to the sport or even XC guys on their XC bikes. We have a category for everyone.

So come along and enjoy a great day for racing.

$1000 in cash and prizes to be won.

Where: Townsville - Mt Stuart
When: Sunday, October 24th 2010
Nominations: 8:30am – 12:00pm
Nomination fee: $30 per rider. (+ $15 if require a day licence) Late Nominations (After 20th Oct): $40
Practice: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Racing starts 2:00pm

Categories are:
•Elite
•Expert
•Sport
•U15’s
•U17’s
•U19’s
•Veterans
•Masters
•Noob’s

Townsville Rockwheelers DH Series Sponsors:
EDGE CYCLEWORKS “Cairns”
COATES HIRE
DEFENCE RECRUITING
OTB – www.offthebrakes.com.au
Registration: NOW OPEN https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=478

noddy

Likes Dirt
Pump track night friday PENDING rain... atm its fine but if we get any significant wetness it'll be submerged, i'll try to post up on here if its a no goer.

also leo, is the mini bike/dump bike run going ahead?

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
I’m not sure what is the interest in that?

Need some takers maybe the Saturday afternoon we could have a social Dump bike run. $5 entry and winner takes all or something that effect...

If the interest is high we can have some rules.

Bike: must be a bike with smaller wheels then 24”
Cost: the cheapest you can find.
Track: Top half Mt Stuart. (All B-lines) anyone silly enough to do A-lines is crazy.
Time: Late Saturday afternoon.
Date: 23rd October

Anything else you need to know Just ask.

MTBmaster05

Likes Dirt
Holy Shit Leo!. That'll be absolutely crazy running less than 24'' wheels DH. But it'll be a fun day though. I reckon gotta have gear cause i am going to DIE if i tend to do it LOL. BMX able to ride??

Cheers Hayden

noddy

Likes Dirt
yeah I'm not the only one whos keen on some stupid bike racing..
was thinking of a sliding scale, so your judged on a combination of time, wheel size and cost. ( or Mass start??? staggered according to wheel size?)
Ps; if your competing then you should not use any 'real' bike parts, limited to what you can find on the dump pile or what comes stock.

if anyone hasn't yet clued on.... the pump track is flooded, too wet to ride so thats a no go.

Last edited: