Toyota Yaris GR - perhaps too intriguing to bury in the "project car" thread

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
And the ecu has been cracked. Easy plus 50kW/60Nm on the 200kW map.

Corolla will be the standard chassis and suspenders so no bespoke stuff but still should be decent.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
And the ecu has been cracked. Easy plus 50kW/60Nm on the 200kW map.

Corolla will be the standard chassis and suspenders so no bespoke stuff but still should be decent.
I’ve found modern corollas to be pretty decent steers even in povvo pack rental car trim. Of course that could be the whole “rental cars go better” thing at play…

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Small cars are fun.

Sometimes I miss the KE70 I had. Poo brown for bonus points!
I do not miss the ca18de reliability though. Fun engine, when it worked. BraaaaaapbraaaaapPOP
My 1969 Reno R10 with the 1100cc engine slung out behind the swing axle rear suspension was a riot. Scary, but fun :)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Well, mid size to be fair. But 5sp, rear wheel drive and not enough power to get in to serious trouble. Was my first car, is it obvious?
My Dad had a Bluebird 2L wagon with an auto. I borrowed it a lot when I first started to drive. Had the chrome roof racks, the stickers and the pin stripes too.

Not what you would call a powerful car but I found a T intersection near the Drive Inn that was there at the time. If you gave it a boot full then turned sharply to the right then it used to be kind of fun when it hung the back out.

Not close to a brappp, brappp but can still hold our heads high knowing George Fury's Turbo Bluebird dusted everything else at Bathurst around that time.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
220kw! I had a VL Commodore with a 180kw RB30DE in the 90s and that was nuts. But 220kw! Even the famous TRD 4A-GE didn't make that much.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

andrew9

Likes Dirt
220kw! I had a VL Commodore with a 180kw RB30DE in the 90s and that was nuts. But 220kw! Even the famous TRD 4A-GE didn't make that much.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
A modern corolla Weights pretty much the same as a VL according to google.
VL is 1250 to 1350kg, corolla is 1220kg.
Anything that has a 4A-GE will probably be under 1000kg

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
A modern corolla Weights pretty much the same as a VL according to google.
VL is 1250 to 1350kg, corolla is 1220kg.
Anything that has a 4A-GE will probably be under 1000kg
I had an argument with a True Bogan I used to work with. He owned an AU Falcon, my Kingswood was still on the road. He could not get it through his thick skull that my Kingy Wagon weighed significantly less than his AU sedan. Just couldn't comprehend that all the mod cons added a significant amount of weight. When I pointed out if I could get 'just' 220kw out of the 4.2 V8 in the old girl (which wouldve been easy), then I'd be able to embarrass Clubsport owners, he decided he needed to end the conversation.