TR250 (the "I can't believe it's actually arrived" build)

mr_casual

Likes Dirt
After a solid few months waiting for this, it finally arrived!

You may recognise the build kit from a 2010 Giant Faith (picked up a good deal on a shop bike split up!)

Only differenced from the faith are as follows:

Maxxis AdVantage front tire, tubeless conversion.
Dartmoor Fever pedals
Thompson elite seatpost
sunline 745 bars
RF d2 stem
Transition Seat (finding a replacement i like, anyone know of a brown leather seat similar but not as ugly?)
x9 short cage and sram dh cassette

The rest is stock! Thanks to TBSM for the frame, and McBain Cycles, and Tom.G for all the help with it.

-used a horizontal pan using an LED torch to take the photos, 10+Second exposure around f8

mr_casual

Likes Dirt
Oh, and i couldn't tubeless the rear tire, and for that it's 17.4kg, but thats a downhill tube and a dual ply, im hoping for under 17, can also save weight in some other places.

-does anyone have some 20mm-axle forks for my HT? 100mm will suffice, PM me!

mr_casual

Likes Dirt
ride report one.

okay so i've done a fair bit of time on the bike in the last 48 hours, trails-jumps-downhill shuttles etc.

got it set up on the standard "middle" settings with the chainstay and bb/ht heights angles, but pretty keen to try it a bit longer and more raked out for some faster sections, not saying it isn't stable but hey may as well have a fiddle.

The bike accelerates out of corners really well, minimal bob in just about every gear standing up or sitting down (especially if you're in the saddle and not being stupid about it) and the suspension keeps up while pedalling/braking through the rough stuff too. I'm noticing the rear does suffer from "some" brake jack, but it isn't hardly as bad as some other S-P bikes i've ridden.

ITS NOT A BIG BIKE. By all means, I'm like 6'3", and its the large frame, and compared to a full downhill bus, it's cozy inside the cockpit, but not cramped, and seems to help with getting over the front end while pedalling. Overall pretty stoked with it. Haven't felt any harsh bottom-outs, and I've overshot just about everything I'm used to.

First Impressions: It's a keeper. I can see this getting a hell of a lot of time on the mountain, it can get me across the hills without breaking my back, and still shred down the other side as one would expect with 7.5" on tap.

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey man congrat on getting a sweet ride, ive got a tr250 my self (http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?236462-tr250-epic-build-of-shiny&highlight=tr250) and im wondering how it rides with riser bars on it cause ive go flats and it feels to far over the bars. cheers n beers. enjoy the cycle
flat bars are a fad, might not be so bad going up a hill, but down there a joke on virtually every bike, get some risers one there asap and it will feel much more comfortable on the downs.

mr_casual

Likes Dirt
Haha cheers mate maybe you should put your seat up a bit too? :p

Mine are hardly risers anyway, and it's all personal preference, I like running my hardtail low because of the better weight distribution and control around the twisties, not that theyre flats, but still.