Tracey Hannah

red_dog

Likes Dirt
What's the goss on her, is she going to get back into the sport soon or what?
Australia needs a competitive female, no offense to the young Aussie ladies out there competing on the international stage out there, but she is a contender.
Is there some way there could be a collective sponsor arrangement done through this site.
Whats it going to cost her? I'll pledge $300 straight up if there is a collective plan

Anthony

Q dog

Likes Dirt
She's living a normal life chilling without having to worry about racing and getting sponsered. There's a lot less money in womens downhill then the mens. I'm sure she'd be a top three contender in the world cup and her family and friends will agree. But trying to get a viable deal........ She's moved on. For now

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
She shouldn't really be riding for sponsorship or for money - she should be riding because she loves it.

I love riding/racing. Am I good enough to get sponsorship? No. Do I still have an absolute blast over the season? Yes.

Turning pro in a sport should be second to enjoying it. If you love it and are good enough at it - you'll get your rewards.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
She shouldn't really be riding for sponsorship or for money - she should be riding because she loves it.
Fair suck of the sav maaaaaate. For all we know she is ripping it up at her local for the fun of it but It costs money to fly around the world and takes a huge commitment in time to be able to compete on the world stage. you can only do that for so long without proper sponsorship.

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
That is fine for most of us, Kona - but Tracey is not just someone who rides for fun (although I am sure she does that too). She took her riding seriously and did look at it at as a professional career. I look at some of the riders who have deals and it is just ridiculous - she would stomp them.

What's it going to cost her, Red Dog? $50K minimum. To ride full time she has to replace the wage she gets working and cover the extra cost of living, riding and training OS for most of the year. You could do it for a lot less - but it isn't a job then and you take a huge risk of being picked up in a paying deal. But I agree - If I won the lotto tomorrow, I would slip 100K into a brown paper bag and leave it on her door step with a note saying "Riding Cash".

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
good to see trace is still recognised, if she wanted to get back into DH maybe GT would help her out as they have with mick?

atschool

Likes Bikes
I had heard that her one stint of racing overseas left her with a massive credit card debt at the end of the season. Can't really blame her for not wanting to do it again. Very much a shame though because she has so much potential.

tumble

Likes Dirt
It's a crying shame that the money is not there & that her talent is going to waste. I believe she could have won a world cup series by now if she had the backing.
Caroline Buchanan was even having trouble getting a major sponsor (maybe not so much now).

floody

Wheel size expert
Pulling out of racing isn't really they way to pick up sponsors either, regardless of whether it cost a lot to do a season or not. Really do have to spend to receive. Jumping back in now with a break and no current form would only exacerbate the problem.

I'd imagine the smart way to break back in would be a season riding working and racing in the states. Pick up stateside sponsors, move into the World Cups again.

sullivanvizual

Likes Dirt
I remember seeing her in earthed 2 I think, she was shredding it !

Mick is an epic rider too !

I guess it's harder for women to get noticed..But I guess sometime's you should ride just for the fun of it :)

But I would be more than keen to film her and promote her for free of charge !

red_dog

Likes Dirt
What's it going to cost her, Red Dog? $50K minimum.
$50k's a wage for you and I. We would live off that with day to day bills and a mortgage and not really be able to travel that much.
Buy a bike and spares and travel to Europe & the US, you would blow through these amounts pretty quick without many savings.
If you put it in real terms and real costs, I'd dare say that the likes of the top guys, they would have to earn $50-$60K and have their travel expenses covered.

There are a lot of contacts on this site and if everyone is actually passionate and patriotic, surely we could all come together for the good of Australian Sport.

At the time of writing this - 219 Members were online alone.
As an indication of a contribution 218 x $50 + $300 = $11,200

Then throw in a contribution from a corporate body like TBSM, SRAM or one of the magazines etc
It aint much, but its sure as hell a National Campaign paid for which could lead to more

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
Can I interject again here.

How do you even know she wants to do a pro-circuit?

There's all this OMG WE SHOULD LIKE ALL BAND TOGETHER SO SHE CAN RACE talk but who's to say she even cares anymore.

You are all speculating about how much a season would cost and how she could do it. How about someone get in contact with her and actually get some information before all this trash talk about her carving up the world cup starts.

If she was serious enough about racing and taking on the world, she would be doing it. There's plenty of privateer national racers (and world cup racers for that matter) who get by just fine without huge sponsorships.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Australia needs a competitive female, no offense to the young Aussie ladies out there competing on the international stage out there, but she is a contender.
Have you not heard of Holly Baarspul?

Pulled 3rd in Juniors at Worlds 2009 and 4th in Juniors 2010 with a ruined hand.

If you feel the need to throw money at a young lady, please throw it her way!

rstwosix

Likes Dirt

If she was serious enough about racing and taking on the world, she would be doing it. There's plenty of privateer national racers (and world cup racers for that matter) who get by just fine without huge sponsorships.
She was serious and she took on the world and it left her in huge debt. She was over it and took a break. She'll come back if and when she wants to.

wertmewert

Likes Dirt

How do you even know she wants to do a pro-circuit?

There's all this OMG WE SHOULD LIKE ALL BAND TOGETHER SO SHE CAN RACE talk but who's to say she even cares anymore.

You are all speculating about how much a season would cost and how she could do it. How about someone get in contact with her and actually get some information before all this trash talk about her carving up the world cup starts.

The chance's of her wanting to do it are very likley I would say but being physically able to do it? That is another thing a full world cup would cost mega $$$ especially travleing from Australia, she also has a future to think about... we all can't ride forever.

And why shouldn't people show their encouragement for her and say how fast she is?

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you not heard of Holly Baarspul?

Pulled 3rd in Juniors at Worlds 2009 and 4th in Juniors 2010 with a ruined hand.

If you feel the need to throw money at a young lady, please throw it her way!
Yeah good pick Rex. Watched this girl send a double that most of the male dh wouldn't hit on the weekend. And she did it cleaner then most of the guys that have jumped it.