tracks in porpunkah

Hey does any one know of any dh tracks in porpunkah and where they are?
or any other good riding spots near mt beauty.?????

man theres heaps near the punka round about and in bright theres mistique mountain, ridin down mt buffalo is sick too just dont get caught but thats a good hour ride all it is is the walkin track it's good fun but goes off

there is a few good ones in myrt damian ur a fool lol wats goin on man it's bunchy when u comin ridin with me and cundy send me ur number we'll organise somethin come to buller with me for sure

damienmccormack

Likes Bikes
there is a few good ones in myrt damian ur a fool lol wats goin on man it's bunchy when u comin ridin with me and cundy send me ur number we'll organise somethin come to buller with me for sure
buncho, where is a good track in myrt these days? yeah when we going to buller boss?

beer cans not bad these days man the fire breaks are sick and then the shit farm is not bad um just ridin down the three stages is pretty fun steep as and quick

damienmccormack

Likes Bikes
beer cans not bad these days man the fire breaks are sick and then the shit farm is not bad um just ridin down the three stages is pretty fun steep as and quick
yeaah, haven't ridden beercan in a while accually.. i think i've ridden shit farm 100 times no joke lol... an not really into firebreaks and shit much lol.. when we goin to buller?:rolleyes:

Clarky101

Cannon Fodder
keep on topic people,

Any way in reply to the first post here.

There are a few up in the pines near porepunkah i know that a local rider there makes a few good ones also some other people have made a few really short ones for fun.

If you wish to travel to Mt Beauty there is an amazing amount of tracks over there including the national course.

Bright also has mystic hill but thats been said allready it might be getting logged if someone has been up there lately could you please update us on the tracks there?

Myrt has a few up there havnt rode them b4 though so hopefully damienmccormack can let you know what there like.

if your willing to travel to Beechworth they have a DH park there with a variety of tracks ranging from easy to expert. They also have Mt Stanley near there which has the longest DH track in Australia.

And lets keep this topic up to date with the tracks around poprepunkah, bright, mrytleford and Mt Beauty.

Clarky

ridemtbsnow

Likes Bikes
Nice work Clarky.

I'll get up to Apex Hill over the next week or so and clean up my DH track and add some additional features.

The moto tracks on the north side of the Ovens in between Bright and Punka also have some nice DH sections.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if your willing to travel to Beechworth they have a DH park there with a variety of tracks ranging from easy to expert.
It's not specifically a DH Park , theres one DH trail , 2 minutes long.

They also have Mt Stanley near there which has the longest DH track in Australia.
It might have been the longest track in Aus ( if you continued past the pick up point and rode along a pretty flat firetrail for another km .....who does that ? ) , but as far as I know , the track was burnt a year ago and hasn't been cleared since. Happy to be corrected by anyone in the know there ?

crooker

Likes Dirt
Theres trails near bright?? i know apex lookout and huggins track, never done huggins, couldnt find it. Does anybody know where abouts exactly in porepunkah these trails are? is there any more around that area?

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Theres trails near bright?? i know apex lookout and huggins track, never done huggins, couldnt find it. Does anybody know where abouts exactly in porepunkah these trails are? is there any more around that area?
I haven't Ridden Apex but i found one of the Huggins Tracks as well as a couple of jumps there. I was taking to the guys at cyclepath(Brights Bike Shop) and they said that the porepunkah tracks arent ridable because the plantation was logged so the track had kinda gone.