Trade my qr nixons - now sellings - 350 - see short travel forks section

Frazzle

Likes Dirt
What: Manitou Nixon 2005 145mm TPC (very light 4.1lbs!!!!)
Price range/Willing to Pay: Trade for your street/dj forks
Extra Info: Looking to get a dirt jumping frame and need forks with much less travel, so i figured a trade would be much easier. These forks are in great condition, a few cosmetic scratches on lowers but they work great. Forks are always set at 145mm, and dont adjust, perfect for xc as they are very light, but have alot of travel so also suitable for downhill. Steerer is cut slightly and is 1 1/8th. Rebound and compression adjustments.
Picture below: (pretty doggy pic though, see ebay link for a better pic)

PM me or let me know.
Fraser

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MANITOU-NIX...ryZ58084QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
^^^^^^ Not mine but exactly the same, more information can be found

EDit: Probably should have mentioned earlier, but im not really interested in dirt jumpers, unless they are dirt jumpers 1's, in quick release and in very good condition. Cheers, Fraser

Edit #2: Of course, quick release forks are much preffered, as i will not have to purchase a new hub.

Edit #3 July 31st 2007: BUMP

Very interested in getting the trade done. Will throw in an extra 100 or so if the right deal comes around. PM me with anything, you never know.

Attachments

Last edited:

Frazzle

Likes Dirt
Yeah that was something i was pondering, but i thought it would be too much of a hassle, any bike mechanics want to let me know a ball park figure and weather its easily done or not?

Frazzle

Likes Dirt
Just adding, obviously a local trade is much more convinient, therfore taking higher preference over a long distance trade.

Frazzle

Likes Dirt
If its any help, if you have 20mm forks, then ill happily trade front wheel as well, i have a new, never used sun ditch witch rim on a 5mm (i think) through axle that fits in all quick release forks. Never used and very clean

Bowlo

Eats Squid
Yeh Frazzle I was going to get my Shermans put to 100mm back when I had them. I think it costs around $100

Frazzle

Likes Dirt
BUMP

Very interested in getting the trade done. Will throw in an extra 100 or so if the right deal comes around. PM me with anything, you never know.

DeeMax

Likes Dirt
Hey mate you can lower forks by putting washers under the bottom out spring which is the same shaaft that keeps the stanchions in the fork legs so they dont fly out. The more spacers you put in the more the travel drops. contact derelikt he did it to his argyles, in my opinion keep the Nixons they are a sick fork.

Frazzle

Likes Dirt
Hey mate you can lower forks by putting washers under the bottom out spring which is the same shaaft that keeps the stanchions in the fork legs so they dont fly out. The more spacers you put in the more the travel drops. contact derelikt he did it to his argyles, in my opinion keep the Nixons they are a sick fork.
Yeah ill definitely look into that. Cheers mate