Trading Access

noel0409

Likes Bikes
Howdy Crew
I'm new to the forum I first came here looking for some info on servicing forks who better to get it from than the gurus, the bike shops give very little away and would always prefer you bring the bike in and get slugged for a service. On to the subject, though I've been watching the forum for some time I don't often comment but find content of the forum very diverse and entertaining much of it way above my understanding of what makes a mountain bike, I ride a Mongoose Tyrax and love going bush bashing with my kids and mates. There is a member that has something to sell that I would like to buy but after having read the trading rules it looks like I'm a long way from being allowed to buy anything through this forum. As this is a simple purchase I can't see how trading restrictions are helpfull to any of the members that may have something to buy or sell. The forum is a great way of putting people with common interests in touch, restricting trading access indicates an unwelcome scenario for a member like myself
Thanks for your ears
Noel

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can purchase without trading access. Having trading access allows you to post and sell in the for sale forum(s)

The trading applicatoin process allows Mods to monitor the people who are able to sell and post in the sale thread. Keeping the content of the sale threads decent and not utter trash.

Last edited:

noel0409

Likes Bikes
Howdy again
I may be having a dumb moment here. I have tried to reply to the thread where the item is for sale but found the message saying I don't have access to reply there so I tried to send a pm to the member a few days ago but no responce as yet, he may be away or mabye my message was blocked I'm not sure. To fill you in the member is "some guy" and the item is a rochshox pump

driftking

Wheel size expert
Trading access helps control the site.
There is already a fair few trolls and advertising threads that pop up every now and again. I am guessing that by having a trading access the mods are trying to keep the forum honest. In that computer generated users or advertising wont be able to spam the forum. It also ensures that the members who do have access are proper members with legitimate posts, therefore they have a knowledge of bikes to a extent or at least seem/appear to be honest and legitimate users and not here to just pawn stuff off or try and scam anyone else.
Don't look at it as a unwelcome scenario, the site is open up to the public and all the other forums are open to new users, look at it as a way to keep the site honest and legitimate. Making sure trading access is open to only legitimate users also helps to create a safer trading experience for the users here.

The mods do a great job of running this site and trading access is a great idea IMO.

As for buying, PM the user and wait for a reply they might not be on here every day or they might be delayed in replying so even though it has been a few days just wait it out. Maybe throw them another PM in a week's time.
In regards to trading access it is not difficult to get, you need the post count and then just apply. The mods will get to it as soon as they can and accept or deny the request.