Trading Area Classifications/Tags.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Edit: Yes I have seen the other thread/s on this, but this is a different suggestion. I am not proposing new forums or sub-forums, merely a tag in the thread title.

As I wade through pages of classifieds, reading every heading in depth to see if what I want is possibly in there, and also not knowing wether it is for Road, BMX or MTB - I start to do my head in.

Could we look at doing something like a marker at the start of a thread title to denote what type of bike the part is for? This would make searching 100 times more effective - as if I searched for "road bars" then all the for sale ads with a brand name and model wouldn't even come up. Makes it a bit hard to find what you're looking for if you don't know your brands and models inside out - which I don't being new to road cycling. I'm looking for some BMX stuff and if I could just search BMX in the appropriate forum it would filter out the pages of worthless information making the forums much more functional.

Yes, some parts cross over, but an MTB rider looking for BMX cranks is going to look for [BMX] at the start of a thread title anyway. Even if they do cross over, just throw both in - "[MTB][Road]Eaton flat Bars" would be so much better than "Eaton bars" What kind of bars, what are they for you vague bastard? What chance does someone new to riding have? Bugger all. [BMX]Primo Cranks - bingo, he's going to click on that one. Primo Cranks alone means nothing to him.

Even a tip or something you could put in the for sale template would be advise on embedded search words. Telling people to put type/part/brand in their post (bmx/bars/handlebars/colony) for example which would nail any possible searches.

It would make the whole classifieds section massively easier to navigate, searches would be more effective, and I'd stop having a teary about it.

slip.

Last edited: