Trading area updates

Cropduster

Likes Dirt
I find it refreshing for a forum to take their trading section seriously and at least attempt to limit shonky activity etc. and i appreciate the effort put in to maintain the accepted standard.

Photos? yep, if a member has the motivation to type the ad using the template then surely they can also have an uploaded pic (of the ACTUAL item) ready to go.

Sold it? mark it as so, i've noticed items still for sale in one section but sold in another, if you post up your bike as complete and as a part out in another section and sell it then mark ALL relevant ads as sold.

Compulsory postage? nope, not a fan of that, not everyone has the time or facility to carefully package goods, drive them to the post office and queue for ages etc. the courier option is great, but again, not for everyone. If you're a seller you know you have a limited market with a "pick up only" item, if you're a buyer and what you see is across the country and the seller won't post, get over it, there will be another one. I'm a fan of picking up my purchases where i can, i get to see what i'm buying and because the transaction is face to face i'm confident it's represented accurately.

I'm new here but i've been bitten by private sales on other forums etc. just my .02c
cheers

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
-Put "Sold" in the title of an item you have sold. It's easy to do, just go into the original post in your thread once the item is sold and click on "edit post". Then you click on "go advanced" and just type the four magic letters; SOLD. The system will pick that up after a while and shift it from the trading area. Too many stale items are sitting in the trading area so please edit your title to say sold once it's sold and it's gone. We're cracking down on this so expect a message from the site staff if you don't update it accordingly.
There is a heap of this going on at the moment, it's bloody annoying.....

safreek

Hi, I am wondering how long trading access takes, I have made 2 applications in the last few weeks but to no avail.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sweet as mate, when things are gotten rid of I shall pm you about various options.
Just remember, call poodle...oh and the tricky part is how rapidly bike parts appreciate in price! I hope the mods get your application sorted out quickly.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Ha, no sorry mate but nothing even similar, I want to get rid of DJ stuff to get some dh stuff
YEah, dude I can see your application in there but it's just missing something integral to granting access. Have you read the rules closely?

Here's a hint below as I show y'all what a successful and entertaining application looks like:

"I have read the rules, will use the template and swear to play nice.". I've also had three beers and half a bottle of vino Sweet as Nix

safreek

Hi mate, not sure if the application on my first try was much chop but on the second application I thought I did include pretty much what Scott said to include. I thought I mentioned that I would follow the rules including putting sold in titles and such. I would of cut and pasted the section that was suggested to prove I had read and agree to stick to the rules so I'm really missing something.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I would of cut and pasted the section that was suggested to prove I had read and agree to stick to the rules ......
It's the "would of" that's the problem. We can't tell what you would or would not have done, only what you do done did.

By pasting what we ask you to paste we know you've definitely read the rules, it's the only way.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Moorey is really for the little man the Aussie Battler even he is my vote for mod of the year again this year.
Did you get the email from Scott last week? They are convening a panel in April/May and having the awards on 30 June, an "end of financial year party" he called it. I can't wait! I'm hoping to buy 2 tickets this year.

safreek

The old so obvious it hurts trick catches out 3 out of 5 noobs.
But nowhere does it say you have to cut and paste the paragraph, it says you COULD do that to prove you have read the rules or to just write a paragraph stating you have the basic rules. I would of gone the cut and paste way but my phone won't allow this. I am not being a smart arse but this all seems a bit muddled up as nowhere does it say you have to cut and paste anything if you read it

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
But nowhere does it say you have to cut and paste the paragraph, it says you COULD do that to prove you have read the rules or to just write a paragraph stating you have the basic rules. I would of gone the cut and paste way but my phone won't allow this. I am not being a smart arse but this all seems a bit muddled up as nowhere does it say you have to cut and paste anything if you read it
May I suggest that taking a mod to task is possibly not the greatest career move?

Just a thought....