Trail/AM Frame 26" in size large

rowanb

Likes Dirt
Item: I'm after a mid-travel, 120-140mm frame. Something like a Santa Cruz Blur TRc, Commencal Meta SL, Norco sight... Carbon or alloy.

Price: <$1000
Size: Large
Extra Info: Tapered headtube is a requirement.

rowanb

Likes Dirt
Hmmm. It is cheap... Pretty sure it's a straight steerer though, getting difficult to find a cheap fork to match anymore.

Coincidentally, there's a Blur TR that's just popped up. If I could knock a fair bit off the asking price I'd be away on that one.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Hmmm. It is cheap... Pretty sure it's a straight steerer though, getting difficult to find a cheap fork to match anymore.

Coincidentally, there's a Blur TR that's just popped up. If I could knock a fair bit off the asking price I'd be away on that one.
They are. Worse still is they use a 42mm campy headset so you can't even force a tapered steerer in there.
I'd have snapped that one up in a heartbeat if I could bang a set of pikes in it, I miss my old one dearly.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Sorry, didn't see that requirement. Speak to moorey, he has 30 sets of straight steerer forks he's planning on being buried with........

Considered the frame myself, despite not needing it, and it probably being to big for me.

moorey

call me Mia

Plenty of good revelations and lyriks out there. Also the zocci 44's are a very nice 150mm fork. I had a purge about 12 months ago and sold about 4 sets of straight steerer sets. The new bomber 55cr are optional in straight steerer (but plagued with issues), and I bought 2014 rev rct3 last year, new, with straight steerers for about $600 delivered.

rowanb

Likes Dirt
If I was planning a trip to Canada soon, I'd be all over the Nomad. I'm after something better to pedal though. I know 150mm+ travel enduro bikes are all the rage (and I've had one for a several years), but in the end I don't think we have enough big hills here to make good use of a bike like that.