[Trail/AM] Singlespeed Trail machine

LJohn

Likes Dirt

Bit of a refurb.

It's very light, geared 34/17, and is a bit of a weapon. Lots of fun. I destroyed its last set of wheels and finally got around to throwing a new set on today. Lets me introduce people to proper mountain biking too.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Only thing about StP's is that they look so much sexxier with the seat slammed.

But I like your spec, I had mine as single speed at one stage, and had Pikes on it at one stage too. How much travel on the Recons?

LJohn

Likes Dirt
The Recons are set at 130mm. I'll take a picture with the seat slammed, because you're right. So much sexier.

Took it for a blast down the local trails. I'd almost rate it more fun than my anthem. The front end's a bit floppy, but that isn't so bad since you're always moving on a singlespeed. It fit through reasonably tight stuff pretty well. It's definitely a more efficient drivetrain than the anthem, hardtail was a nice change.

I still think STPs are an underrated, overused frame. They're fantastic fun for XC/trail/AM more than anything. Giant needed to stock them with an eccentric BB or horizontal drops though for a bit of versatility.

I've yet to weigh it as well, but I reckon it's sitting somewhere between 12 and 13kg. Definitely not the 10.9 of my anthem, but still not bad. Considering I have no fitness whatsoever.