[trail log] Reef Jumps (aka reefs)

chucka_2

Likes Dirt
hey all, we have come along another spot and we think that we have hit the jackpot. well so far anyway. the location is secluded and hard to get to. it is impossibe for council cars to get in which is another bonus. the dirt is moist and compacts very well as it is near water. the run in is fairly flat although you can generate a good amount of speed.

so far we have decided that we will have 2 speed jumps into scoops then into maybe a 6 pack or sumthing like that anyway. it would also be good to have a couple of turns and whoops maybe as well.

here is a pic of the location so far. we have only cleared a run in and put some of the sand where we want the first speed jump to be.

(5th Jan 2009)this is where the run in will be coming from

this is from the run in to the first jumps to be (lol, they will be bigger!)

thanks for looking at my thread and i will keep you guys posted on what is happening. please comment and tell me what you think of our jumps and what you think we should do with the place.

Last edited:

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
build it in and around the trees, itll look way sick. try and make it more of a loop instead of a strait line. make dirt jump trails, not dirtjumps. and think if it flows well then theres no pushing the bike back to the run in. well, thats what i think anyway.

looks like youve got a nice spot to build.

DirtParkStreet

Likes Dirt
more hips yo!

or a similair setup to the jumps andreu lacondguay (sp:confused:) and the other dudes ride on nwd 8 would also be dope.

flyracing

Likes Dirt
Hey me and a few mates could give you a hand with the jumps provided there not to far, we've looked everywhere for possible dirt jump sites near us, but we could travel a bit, send me a PM with a rough location if you want us to help

chucka_2

Likes Dirt
hey guys, we were down their today from about 8am to beat the heat because it was insanely hot! did ALOT of digging and we have decided to change the plans a bit. the first jump will be a little step up onto a large downramp into a ditch then another double that really kicks you up heaps. my mate had a go at a tailwhip but didnt land it. we are probrably going to fork the trail and have a big and a smaller set. it would be good if you could maybe tranfer from line to line but we will see. here is a few pics but it wasnt at the end of the day so the second jumps alot bigger. but you get the idea.

first jump

second jump but not completed

from downramp

vid of mate lol!

Last edited:

DirtParkStreet

Likes Dirt
bit of advice, dig deeper coffins and dig out from the gap between the jumps.
nothing will get trails dozed more then a big ass 7 foot by 7 foot, 5 foot deep hole in the ground which is what you'll end up with.

good work but, looks like a fun spot.

Jimass

Eats Squid
And how big is the property this is on? LOL.....

Nice work guys, but try and keep it legal next time...

sharp

like a spoon
i rekon make em taller and a bit wider
but yea the ones u got going a looking smooth ezz:)

chucka_2

Likes Dirt
hey guys, went down this morn for a few hours and did a bit of digging. didnt get alot of work done but we did tidy up all of the work from previous days. we have also finished the scoop before the third jump and started piling up sand. and we have decided where the trick jump is going to be and cleared out the track but this will be built a little bit later. we had alot of fun testing out the new jumps and that is what riding is all about.

thanks for looking at my thread and i will keep you guys posted!:)

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks pretty good.

lucky for you it looks like you have a few people who actualy dig.

keep it up.

my jumps are on main roads land but so far noone cares about em.

chucka_2

Likes Dirt
did some riding the other day and got a vid. it is great fun and the jumps are really flowy. we built up the dr of the second really big and i ate it hard and snapped my lever and screwed my frint rim over so i am orderin a new rim. anyway, here is a vid.