Trail pig - Intense 951

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I can't remember exactly. I should have written it down! I think t was 17.4kg. I want 16kg max...I'll weight it again soon.
Get chops to weigh it, he'll make 16kg appear on the scales.

Can you run the seat pole high enough to actually sit down and pedal effectively? Or is a it slack in the STA to make that not matter?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Get chops to weigh it, he'll make 16kg appear on the scales.

Can you run the seat pole high enough to actually sit down and pedal effectively? Or is a it slack in the STA to make that not matter?
I don't really have much of an understanding of pedalling efficiently...but I don't think it would be possible with this frame. The seat angle is rather slack.

Not sure if you saw my pedal upgrade? Halved my pedal weight just by switching! Hit a rock today pretty hard, a minor mark on the pedal body and no loss of performance. I'm pleased.

I've ordered some genuine chops' scales online from the chop shop a week ago. I'm waiting for delivery. They are certified accurate!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How are the ex500 rims holding up? I found them to be made of cheese
That is a report I've heard quite a lot. This has not been my experience. Mine are totally stock from my old glory and have had their fair share of being thrashed. Yet they are still running true and ding free. For comparison I have put a nasty ding in my Mavic 729 by hitting a root. That was very disappointing. Despite my size and plow style, I tend to be pretty kind to my rims.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Big ride today at the quarry of death. Stepped my game up a bit and hit the 2 biggest gaps there. Something I hadn't done for a long time, it felt very good. Still a long way from attempting the hip to step down. I get dizzy looking at it.

Smaller of the 2 gaps:

mms_img1235461584.jpg

Bike is pure butter. Im very happy.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Big ride today at the quarry of death. Stepped my game up a bit and hit the 2 biggest gaps there. Something I hadn't done for a long time, it felt very good. Still a long way from attempting the hip to step down. I get dizzy looking at it.

Smaller of the 2 gaps:

Bike is pure butter. Im very happy.
looks sweet, what's the booster look like ?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
great photo. far more guts/nuts than me. :thumb:
You can't even see them in the pic, I tucked them away.

Jump is easier than it looks (though it has claimed a fair number of riders) due to excellent trail building. There's a steep run in with a long step down before it. If you can't clear the prior jump...you won't make this one. So a few warm up runs and it's just a matter of lifting the front wheel over that wooden safety.

Then sprinting into the next jump.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is that Duck Hunting season?
Funny you should mention ducks. There is a jump on location with a small transfer to right that involves high jumping a mound of dirt (about 30-40cm above kicker), long jumping about 3m, and tweaking 45/50deg left for the landing, while not hitting the tree that is rather close to the kicker. I had a few close calls yesterday where I ducked the tree and fudged up the high jump!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I took the big rig to the big smoke today for a ride. It was overkill for the trails, but it was a lot of fun! Holy shit it was hot. Im not sure on the legitimacy of the locationbso won't name it, there was great views though!

mms_img-1370860311.jpg
mms_img842942104.jpg

I was pretty pleased with this one! Used a lot of travel after sending it.
mms_img-1496019445.jpg
mms_img1877778817.jpg

Flow-Rider

Burner
Nice boosting!

You still had some to spare on the bottoming out because you know it's close when you almost lose your teeth from the whip lash.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
With the Easter long weekend practically here and nothing to do except ride and eat, I am very pleased to have freshly serviced forks! This bad boy has been off line since just before Christmas. I can't wait to get on it this weekend. If everything goes smoothly I'll be taking it to the quarry of death on good Friday...