Trails for newbs in Tba/intro thread

goughy1

Cannon Fodder
OK, found a brochure online that shows some other trails.

There are two off McStay St, one going into Glen Lomond Park and the other heading over to Burraway Crt.

There appears to be another that starts at Bridge St (near Prince Henry Hts) and heads along the range across the highway and then along Stevenson St and I think it finishes down South St somewhere?

Another breaks off from that one before the highway and heads down the range.

Then there is another one that also starts on Bridge St and heads up the top edge of Jubilee Park and must join on the other trails that start at the end of Harvey St.

Are any of these any good for beginners? Has anyone tried them before?

And are there any just out of the city limits. I've read of the one new Preston Winery, but what about Drayton, Mt Rascal, Gowrie Mt, Highfields etc.

And the final noob question (but I'm sure I'll have more)!! If any of these are DH runs, I'm guessing there are trails to get back up? In most cases we'd be driving somewhere and need to get back to the van.

a very easy track

a very easy track is called rain rutt and its on rifle range road (just up from mary then on to benjimen then on to rifle range road) at the very bottom of the road. not too steep and not too many jumps exept watch out for the rock garden at the bottom!

MrPlow

TMBC
Ar eyou guys living out Mt Rascall / Flagstone creek way?
If so isn't there Cunninghams Gap? I thought there were some tracks there.

redmoose

Cannon Fodder
XC track

If anyone can help, would be greatful.
Am coming to visit family in T'ba this weekend and was keen to bring the bike to ride the XC trail at Withcott. Was wondering how it will have held up in the rain and will it be ok to ride? Don't want to do any damage on my one off ride there for the regular users
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If anyone can help, would be greatful.
Am coming to visit family in T'ba this weekend and was keen to bring the bike to ride the XC trail at Withcott. Was wondering how it will have held up in the rain and will it be ok to ride? Don't want to do any damage on my one off ride there for the regular users
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
My guess is that it will be pretty wet down there. Some parts of Toowoomba have had around 100mm in the last few days with more forecast between now and the w/e.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I live at Highfields (just out of Toowoomba) & we copped another 65mm last night. Some people i know down at Helidon got 117mm.

I wouldn't be heading down there this w/e.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't mind betting that off road excursions will be out of bounds this weekend, over the past week we have had close enough to 250mm of rain, I know its dry but it doesn't drain that well.