Trails in and around Tamworth?

Iainm

Likes Dirt
I'm going to be up in Tamworth for a few weeks next month. Is it worth taking my bike? I had a look on google maps and there looks to be a big old forest / Park beside the town. Anyone know if there are any decent trails in it?

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
there are a couple of spots to explore. Tamworth is a bit of a bike town. For sure take your bike, at the very least there are plenty of places to explore (ie, walking tracks to lookouts, camping areas etc. Make sure you have puncture protection though. Tamworth has some pretty viscious "jumping" cactus plants that I had many run ins with as a kid. Get some kind of tube tyre linner. Tubeless won't really cut it, nor will slime.

sich nich

Likes Dirt
there is downhill at the lookout too. tar shuttle. short run. steeeep. rocky and dry. park at top of lookout. trail head is near where the road up meets the car park on the left of the road as you look down the road. trail goes across the hill, flat and rocky, few turns etc. then goes down and ugly. quality.

unit86

Squid
there was a good trail there we added to it in the past few months and council has removed it now. need to find somewhere else to build...