Trails near Yamba, NSW ??

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
heading north in september for two weeks in Yamba...

any trails near by...?

taking both mtb and road bikes (and surf ski) to get two weeks away from work.... :cool::cool: and some training :cool:

new guy

Likes Dirt
Yamba

Hey mate i goto yamba every year and i haven't found and XC tracks but grouse road rides along the beach
have fun

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
Hey mate i goto yamba every year and i haven't found and XC tracks but grouse road rides along the beach
have fun
thanks dude, will be looking for road rides also...was just going to visit the LBS (believe there is one there) and ask....

danj

Likes Bikes
I just found out I'll be in Yamba for christmas this year... Did you find any trails in the end?

W.bat

Likes Dirt
Really fun pretty road ride around brushgrove island west of maclean. nearest real cross country is coffs harbour. Pine creek and nana glen. Off road through teh nature reserve on brushgrove island and i hear there might be something out at brooms head. Somewhere around lismore there would have to be something.

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
no found no decent mtb trails...however did some decent road miles... head from yamba into maclean and find the lookout...its via a coupla backstreets decent climb..

then head west outt of maclean...you can keep going for awhile decent ride..

the roads are narrow however i thought they were safe if you are sensible...

maclean has a 50 metre olympic pool if swim training is your thing also..nice country town pool...

there is a bike shop in maclean which can give you a few trails however i didnt find them that great...

dont get me wrong Yamba is a nice place...take the fishing rods and running shoes... :cool:

It'd be good if this thread was kept going as we're looking to move down to Woombah (not far from Yamba) in the next year or 2 and I'm a bit worried that I'll struggle to find a decent mtb scene there.

I did bash through on the track at Iluka from town to the Bluff beach through the World Heritage listed rainforest but when I got to the end I saw a 'no bikes' sign. Whoops!

There's so much bush around locally you'd expect there'd be some decent trails around the place.

If no-one can let us know I'll do my best to put up what I learn in the future.

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I found an amazing DH track which the local bike shop advised me about. It was in a small town nearby to yamba. Can't remember the name but it was about 10mins away. The track was great, think whistler style berms and hip/jumps ssoooo good. shuttle-able too. Only downside to it was that it hadn't been used in such a long time still rideable but there were a fair few plants. with the some work for a few weekends the place would be just so amazing.