train fines! please move to off topic!

cameron_15

Eats Squid
those concession card fines are crazy!

i better keep mine with me from now on:eek:

The ticket inspectors are pretty scary. The only time i stuffed up and had the wrong ticket was when i was on a V-line train from geelong. I thought it was just Metcard tickets. the inspector came on and checked it. I legitimately thought i had the right ticket but apparently not. He lot me off with a warning though:eek:

stop telling me to pay the fine, if you could get out of spending $50 on nothing, would you? hell yes you would! the whole take more money thing wouldnt have worked, i would have bought more maccas :p only joking. and im not crying, its really no biggy, it would just be more convenient if i could spend that money getting my L's. the whole no concession card thing, what a joke, $250 fine for no concession card! wow

i was gonna try the old, "...speak spanish?" thing, but one of them looked spanish so i was like aahh.... o crap um... speak american? ha ha
so i take it its agreed this should be in off top?

Alec ; )

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Now I always buy tickets as I'd rather not get a fine but all this pay the fine crap is bullshit, firstly considering the OP was late and had to get on before he had the chance to buy a ticket and the fact of who really wants to pay for a crappy ass, second rate service? I don't know where you live (nor do I live in NSW) but was this the service with the oh so good reputation, 'shittyrail'?

Last edited:

nucleon hawke

Likes Dirt
I dont get it :( Why pay the fine if you can get out of it?

If i dont have any cash i ride just after the guards comparment where the train breaks into two. That way grey dogs cant take you by suprise cos they have to get on right in front of you so you just step off

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
I dont get it :( Why pay the fine if you can get out of it?

If i dont have any cash i ride just after the guards comparment where the train breaks into two. That way grey dogs cant take you by suprise cos they have to get on right in front of you so you just step off
What if they are coming the other way.

i normaly pay for a ticket, and am one of those kids who are shitting them selves all the way home until i get off because i have no ticket, this time i got unlucky, u shouldnt have spent all my cash on maccas but still, if i can get out of paying it, i will, any one would. and yes, i was riding on shittyrail, they dont even refill the water anymore, so if you get into a fight you cant drown the person like some hectic james bond film, :p

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
to the op: i agree in principle that our service is second rate (many other networks around the world allow you to pay at the end of the journey which makes sense) and that you shouldn't really be stung with this one. back in the day when we were doing glenbrook/old bathurst runs we'd just buy 1 ticket emu -> blaxland and use it all day...

yeh i normally do that too, but one of the only times i didna get a ticket, i get stung, where as 90% of my mates NEVER get tickets and haven't been caught once. it ridiculous. second rate? im thinking more along the lines of third or fourth!

Jay_Patriot

Likes Bikes
excuse me for being a Grave digger.......

I was on a train a few weeks ago...
oh yeah good 'ole shittyrail,

I was riding in Glenbrook but was staying in Blackheath ( like 15 stations away) so I purchased a ticket for Katoomba (3 stations away).

Sure enough, the Gestapo Jumped on in plain clothes and nabbing everyman and his dog for not having tickets.

I pretended i was asleep, and claimed ignorance, (that i had slept past the station..) Showed them my 4 Y.O student ID card from Victoria, and told them i could travel too Glenbrook because i have grandparents there...... So in the end, they didn't throw me off at the next station, they didn't even give me a warning....

But there was a gronk just down the carriage who i saw tagging the train so I dobbed him in, I scored $1000 that day :D

I wouldn't have opened my mouth, but he almost pushed me and my bike over the platform at Blackheath station so it was a kind of relief when they led him off the train.... :rolleyes:

Jackson

jrewing

Eats Squid
excuse me for being a Grave digger.......

I was on a train a few weeks ago...
oh yeah good 'ole shittyrail,

I was riding in Glenbrook but was staying in Blackheath ( like 15 stations away) so I purchased a ticket for Katoomba (3 stations away).

Sure enough, the Gestapo Jumped on in plain clothes and nabbing everyman and his dog for not having tickets.

I pretended i was asleep, and claimed ignorance, (that i had slept past the station..) Showed them my 4 Y.O student ID card from Victoria, and told them i could travel too Glenbrook because i have grandparents there...... So in the end, they didn't throw me off at the next station, they didn't even give me a warning....

But there was a gronk just down the carriage who i saw tagging the train so I dobbed him in, I scored $1000 that day :D

I wouldn't have opened my mouth, but he almost pushed me and my bike over the platform at Blackheath station so it was a kind of relief when they led him off the train.... :rolleyes:

Jackson
Champion. scammed the transits and busted a faux graf artist. nice

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You just say i was running late and was going to buy a ticket at the destination...

I recon the best one is, if you see a dude go into the toilets knock on the door and say "ticket inspectors" when he reply's im taking a bog say, just post it under the door... bingo there is your ticket and you get some laughs out of it too.

do your best to get out of it. sydney transit police are nazi's. seen an old man fined for buying the wrong ticket: he was a pensioner and had bought a concession (more expensive ticket) instead.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I laugh at the reference to the gestapo because its certainly true for Connex Ticket Inspectors here in Melbourne. The way they get on with their massive trenchcoats, evoking that sense of fear, such that as soon as one person gets busted without their 'papers', everyone is watching, just making sure they have theirs handy.

One time, I had just disembarked at Flinders Street and was exiting via the Elizabeth Street gate when some punk jumped the barrier next to me. There was a shout 'OI!', and I turned to see an inspector. He was busy giving some woman a stern talking to, he simply pointed at the barrier jumper, then pointed at his feet, and continued hassling the lady, while the jumper jumped back over the barrier obediently...

Toxicity

one of those boys your mother warned you about
i hate the inspectors, some are alright, others have no heart, a few months ago my mate a serious motorbike crash and he was in the alfred hospital(he's still in rehab), and we all rushed up by bus(nightrider) at about 2am, we caught the 8am train back home, and seeing we had no sleep, we tried to get an hours sleep on the way back, anyway, my mate was asleep tucked in a ball with his legs in the seat, i saw the inspectors coming and told him, he sat up and they checked our tickets, all good, then he went back into a ball and went back to sleep...LIKE 2 MINS LATER ANOTHER SET OF INSPECTORS come through, i didnt notice em....he gets a $164 fine for having feet on seats...and another $124 for saying "fuck me dead, thats fucked"...not allowed to swear eather(we were only ones in carriage!)