Trance Advanced SX Review

I have had the Advanced SX on order for months and it finally turned up last Friday. The boys at my lbr put it together for me same day. When I went to pick it up I noticed two things, firstly the rock guard on the down tube was falling off, (I was looking for this as I had read an US review which said to look for the issue). Secondly when I depressed the suspension it made a loud clicking noise at the start of the travel. The lbr told me to take the bike and ride it as the problem may disappear once the suspension had cycled through a few times.

The bike is awesome to ride, it climbs like an XC regardless of the 160 mm Fox Talas on the front and 140 mm XC on the back, down hill the bike really lights up and is very fast and responsive. It comes with a Schwalbe Hans Dampf on the front which has very aggressive tread, and an rock Razor on the the back which is more like a fat trail tyre, this gives the bike a nice loose feel and is areal berm smasher.

At the end of a weekends riding and perhaps 60 ks of cross country and down hill the suspension noise increased. I took it back to the shop, word is that as this is a warranty claim the forks will have to be sent off for repair! Warranty? I reported the problem before I rode it! To further frustrate the issue, Sola ( the aus warranty agent for Fox) have shut down until after Christmas. So, new bike, 2 days of riding and it's out of action for perhaps a month!

I am seriously considering asking, no demanding, my money back! I even went as far as to ask the lbr to get me a Pike, 160mm Rock Shox to replace it, unfortunately there are none in stock, I can't even get a new Fox Talas as none are available. I asked them to get me a new bike sent out but that was two days ago and I have not heard anything since.

Agents.....

Why in this day and age are there still agents????? The only purpose they serve is to clutter the process and increase prices. I had a similar experience with my new bike.....