Trans-Provence 2012 - anyone pulling out?

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dear All - does anyone who managed to get a starting ticket in the 2012 Trans-Provence plan to pull out? I am chasing an entry. Name transfer of entries is still possible until the 17th August. Please let me know, thanks Isaac.

P.S. I'd be interested to know also if anyone at all here got an entry - apparently they sold out in minutes.

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
I believe only two Aussies are in it and the max number of participants is 70. Most of the entries went to the pro riders. Was also looking at doing it next year but with the max entries capped at 70 I don't think I would have a chance.

You can do the guided tours that run a few times a month instead if you keen to ride the course.

Birdie birdie in the sky laid a turdie in my eye. If cows could fly I'd have a cow pie in my eye.

horsey

Likes Dirt
I just completed Trans-Provence, and yes it is definitely the best event you could ever do! Getting an entry is about 2 things; sending your entry at split second entry opens, and being able to prove you are capable.

They have to be very careful in who they allow to participate due to the extreme conditions of the event both in regard to endurance and technical and physical demands. If people struggle to get through the days, or simply can't ride the descents it is both a safety issue, and a logistics problem for them. Even this year there were 3 or 4 people who were a way out of their depth, 2 of them didn't make it past the second day.

I think it is probably difficult for most Aussie's to apply because it is difficult to demonstrate you are capable for the event. Australia doesn't yet have an enduro scene, and their are very limited places were you can find such technically challenging trails.

The reason it is only open to 70 people is purely because of the logistics involved in making this event happen. There are over 30 people working flat out behind the scenes to make this such an awesome week. And everyone is treated the same pro or amateur, and such a great vibe and togetherness between everyone the whole week. Everyone is simply there because they love riding, there is no prize money or anything to attract the pro guys.

If you are cut out for this event, then try your best to get into it, it is worth the effort!
- PM me if you have any questions you think I could help with
- Also don't be afraid to pick up the phone and call Ash @ Trans-Provence, he is a good guy!

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks for the detailed reply horsey! You should put a thread up with some photos, tips etc...