Transition from a faithful 05 Norco Rampage to? P.3? STP? MRKT MOB? help!

Dan_Alexander

Likes Bikes
Hey my faithful 2005 Norco rampage has had it days due to its worn/snapped components, and it's weight issues. Badly need to get riding again, it's been 4months and i battled getting into rythem on my Bmx (which is a Giant Method 09 and will be selling when a new or second ride is choosen).

So I'm looking for something similiar to the rampage but more street/dirtjump orientation. As in single speed and forks no larger then 150mm

P3
STP
Kona dj?
250?

If there is a similiar thread to this please tell me:)

Cheers Dan

Deincendie

Likes Bikes
Stp aren't heavy (they're aloy), my 08 Zero is lighter then most bmx's at the park.

And single speed kits dont cost much.

My vote is an STP with a SS kit and a smaller seat.

Macca8530

Likes Dirt
No Stps. There alrite, but in your case i would be going for something with a cromo frame and horizontal dropouts, cause face it, chain tensioners are just not that great. Black mrkt riot complete is looking good, whats yours price range?

csd

Likes Dirt
Depends on your price. STPs are good - you can pick up a second hand one really cheap, plus they're nice and light. If you've got some more cash to spend look at an BLK Mrkt Riot or NS.

Deincendie

Likes Bikes
No Stps. There alrite, but in your case i would be going for something with a cromo frame and horizontal dropouts, cause face it, chain tensioners are just not that great. Black mrkt riot complete is looking good, whats yours price range?
There is such a thing as a half link chain...

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My 2c is to put your pennies together for either an NS or Blk Mrkt complete bike, they really are spot on.

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
NS or BlkMrkt......cant go wrong.....never here any horror stories.....

Great bikes to ride, look at and depending on what you do, much better spec than an STP!!!!

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
^^^^^^

Dont listen to this guy....half-link chains are way to much hassle for what they're worth!!!

They are a waste of time and money when you can fit a SS Chain to a bike with horizontal drop-outs.....far easier and better looking than say...a tensioner or a "slack half-link" chain....