Transition TOP.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Or kitchen?

Had my NS built up with a really street oriented build, and to be honest I am just over riding on concrete and wanted more of an all round hardtail. So I picked up this frame from Sparkie, changed the spec a little and here she is...

Transition TOP frame.
Argyle 318.
Hadley/KHE Geisha hubs.
Sun MTX/EQ rims.
Blk Mrkt bar/stem.
Fly cranks/pedals.
Shim BR-M485.
Subrosa pivotal seat.
Odi’s.
KMC 710SL chain.
Eclat sprocket.
Maxxis Ignitor/Larsen Oriflamme exceptions.

Took it for its first ride thisafternoon, quick spin around the local BMX track. Fairly light and really flicky. Fun to ride, I like it. Looking forward to riding some dirtjumps and dual on it.

Oh, I kind of want to get a normal rear hub again too, as the freecoaster doesnt really fit with the DJ build. So if anyone wants a rear wheel with a freecoaster...

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sooo nice man, how do you find the freecosater? ive heard some people say how there a bitch to mantain?

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i like it. its got green on it so its good.

it looks very short in the front triangle, compared to my transition and looks like a little bit more of a compact unit. i like it and nothing overly fancy and la di da good job

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, I haven't really ridden the freecoaster all that much to be honest, so I cant really comment on mainteranance. I rebuilt it when I first got it, and the only thing I have had to do since is tighten it up, other than that no problemo's.

I think the short look is just the photo, makes it look sort of tall and skinny. The TT is actually a really nice length.