Transportation logistics

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How far?

A decent backpack and some straps will do the job - I've carried a frame doing so, for 8km. Can be precarious, but if Asian farmers can do what they do, you should be able to carry a pair of wheels...

Cedel

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had to take several frames and forks from home to work which is about a 5km ride on a brakless fixie.

Zyphryss and I have also taken a whole bike in peices from my house to work with only ourselfs and a backpack.

Not to hard Loarday.

'Ross

Eats Squid
This is easy, just hold them with one hand over your shoulder, with them sorta leaning on your back....and ride with one hand on the bars.

Don't put them on your handlebars they will swing around everywhere hitting your forks and probably your legs.

Its not a nightmare, just get up and do it. Riding a bike while transporting 2 other bikes is a nightmare!

Lorday

Eats Squid
I found myself a lift...hopefully the lift he doesn't drop out, or his car breaks down (every possibility of this happening)...

Would of been a 20km ride, on Victoria road and Cumberland highway...most likely on a brakeless fixie.

Was actually thinking about about ziptieing them to the rear stays, or back pack.