Transportation of your ride

scuba05

Likes Dirt
Gday all,
I had a trip down to Canberra this week gone for a CORC schools event. We had to transport 12 bikes, and did so in a mates trailer, with all of the bikes right up against each other. Got it out at Canberra, and the top tube of my not even 2 month old 07 Sasquatch has a chip in it :mad:
Once i got home and gave my bike a bit of a clean and lube etc. took of my lizard skin and ther is a HUGE scrape mark on the rear triangle UNDER my lizard skin, which stayed on there at all times.
To my question,
1) What does everyone use to transport there bikes, and when you are transporting, how many are you carrying?
2) As soon as i get my P plates, im getting a dual cab Holden Rodeo, around a 98 model. Would you say that it would be able to fit a bike in the back, with a couple of other dj bikes when we are traveling to Thredbo or other places?

Scuba

dr.matt

Likes Dirt
Ill say it before others, search and check out grips carriers. Me, i use a frame i made for the back of my ute when i had dirt bikes. It stops the front wheel flopping side to side, but add a few straps and the bike doesnt budge.

I use the straps where you loop the strap around the object and the hook holds the strap- it (the hook) doesnt come into contact with the bike at all. And i tie rags onto the bike where ever the strap and buckles on the straps may or do come in contact.
Maybe with multiple bikes some small blocks of foam over pedals and handlebar ends could help??

Or some sort of padded bar that could sit over the tops of the bikes top tubes to keep them apart from each other?

wokkawokkawokka

Likes Dirt
I have a 98 space cab rodeo and just fit my bike from head board to tailgate with about 100mm left over, if you get the dual cab you will have to put the bikes on a diagonal to shut the tailgate, limiting how many you can carry unless you get an extended alloy tray

slamer

Likes Dirt
get a bike bag, and chuck it in your boot. really good if you travel a lot.

or else if your cheap like me wrap a old blanket around it when its in the trailer:D