travel

roboworm9000

Likes Dirt
i currently have a Norco Ryde, it has fork with 100-mm of travel and i was wondering what problems can occur if i put a 140-mm of travle on it.

Jimass

Eats Squid
Well, it could snap the head tube.....

But Rydes are well built and could quite possibly take it.....

Defiantly wouldn't got more than that...

You should be more worried about A-C..

roboworm9000

Likes Dirt
thanks

thanks thats good now all i have to do is check the waranty. i've got a lifetime warranty but im not sure if it covers it. thanks heaps!!!

dhtotem

Banned
thanks thats good now all i have to do is check the waranty. i've got a lifetime warranty but im not sure if it covers it. thanks heaps!!!
Yeah your only recommended to increase the travel by 20mm but i know haeps and heaps of people the have increased the travel by 80mm or more and they have been fine for years, but you need a very strong frame with a reinforced head tube but you'd been fine unless you were planned to do something like a huge drop or jump.

jackthewolverine

Likes Dirt
Most warantys have rules about the amount of travel on a bike, I think you could void it if you went over 20mm longer.
What kind of riding do you do and what forks are you looking at?

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Reading your other thread you want pikes. They have travel adjust anyway so you could run them with 120mm travel most of the time and wind them up when you need the extra travel reducing the tiny chance of damaging the frame.

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most warantys have rules about the amount of travel on a bike, I think you could void it if you went over 20mm longer.
What kind of riding do you do and what forks are you looking at?
couldn't you just strip the frame before you take it in and tell them it was stock?

Edit: 300th post yeeeeew!!!

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
couldn't you just strip the frame before you take it in and tell them it was stock?

Edit: 300th post yeeeeew!!!
Yeah, great idea:rolleyes:

WTF is with dicks thinking that raughting a bike company because they can is a good idea?

With that attitude of "If I break it because I'm a wanker who does something wrong, and then lie to get it fixed because I'm a wanker" just doesn't sit well with me.
I hope anyone who thinks of doing this gets what they deserve, and that's a hospital trip for being a moron. Claim that one under the 'I was just riding along' warranty!!
Wow 300 posts..:rolleyes:post whore much?

roboworm9000

Likes Dirt
thanks

well im looking to do a little bit of freeride, xc, all mountain and dirtjumping, so what do you think would be a good fork to get? Im looking at pikes or rock shox revolution's.

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
Go find me ever posting "wow 300th" or "wow xxxth post" in reference to my amount of posts. If you can, I'll give you whatever you want.

Posting a reply to reply is fine, posting to up my count I don't do..

WOW I JUST POSTED AGAIN!!!!!
..as for finding out if upping the travel will void the warranty, I'm sure a quick email to Norco, or their distributor, which I'm thinking is Pacific Brands (have they taken over yet?) will help you solve this one...

Last edited: