Rear hub - Mavic SLR

Front rim - Mavic SLR

Rear rim - Mavic SLR
IMG_1969 (600x800).jpgIMG_1968 (800x600).jpg
Total weight - 11.28KG

Last edited:

T.3

Likes Dirt
Absolutely beautiful, love these. Frame and build is A1. Is it the just released 2013 model? Has the frame price dropped at all from last year?

dwnhilla

Likes Dirt
yea iv fixed the c guide up since the pic was taken.....its a 2013, still about the same price as previous years

ChopSticks

Banned
bloody awesome !!!

are able to comment on the feel of XX shifter/mech vs x0...im wanting to upgrade to 10spd.....but I heard the XX loses the mechanical 'cha-chunk'

are you running the DH bars at full 800mm length? (also looking to buy that bar!) recommend it?

thanks mate !

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
11.2 in large is super good, my medium is 11.4 without a dropper yet, nice build mate such a awesome frame

dwnhilla

Likes Dirt
yea I reckon the XX gear is quieter compared to the typical sram loud slamming into gear an maybe a little smoother. I cut the bars down from 800mm to 780mm. I recommend tho!!

ChopSticks

Banned
yea I reckon the XX gear is quieter compared to the typical sram loud slamming into gear an maybe a little smoother. I cut the bars down from 800mm to 780mm. I recommend tho!!

thanks for the heads up!
I think ill suck up the few extra grams and stick with x0 (love the mechanical shift)......such a shame XX mechs dont come with a clutch :(

the Enve DH bars are def on the top of the list when i get new bars ! will save 100grams over my existing bar + more when it gets cut down to 730!
i assume you have a torque wrench for ALL your carbon bits?

dwnhilla

Likes Dirt
yea for sure, I'm a fan of the loud shifting noise too. The only thing with that clutch I found is it makes a noise as the clutch engages (sorta like a creeking noise). Nah no torque just nipped everything up until it was firm