Tree change

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
So me and the Mrs are selling up in Melbourne and moving to the country. Where we are going is where we grew up so we know the area well. Our Melbourne house goes to auction soon and we have our eye on a nice block of land in a small town. I have already secured full time employment and our daughter is enrolled in the local school. We have somewhere to live while we build so a lot of things are falling into place.

So have you done it? Have you moved from a capital city to the sticks? How was it? Do you regret it?

I'm just over Melbourne. The block we like is within walking distance to the river for fishing and a short ride or real quick drive to my favorite mtb trails.
I will miss the convenience of Melbourne. Everything is so close and always open.

So anyway, buy my house please.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So me and the Mrs are selling up in Melbourne and moving to the country. Where we are going is where we grew up so we know the area well. Our Melbourne house goes to auction soon and we have our eye on a nice block of land in a small town. I have already secured full time employment and our daughter is enrolled in the local school. We have somewhere to live while we build so a lot of things are falling into place.

So have you done it? Have you moved from a capital city to the sticks? How was it? Do you regret it?

I'm just over Melbourne. The block we like is within walking distance to the river for fishing and a short ride or real quick drive to my favorite mtb trails.
I will miss the convenience of Melbourne. Everything is so close and always open.

So anyway, buy my house please.
Can I take a punt, East Gippsland?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Will this new more spacious living have a special arrangement in place for displaying your vast glove collection?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
You won't miss Smellbourne. Enjoy.
bang on

bugger living the noisy smelly population centre. only thing I dislike is the cockatoos, those birds are f#@%ing obnoxious!! the rest is ace, right down to hauling buckets of wood up to heat the house.

marc.r

Likes Dirt
best decision ever.

the hardest thing about making a mid life tree change is getting the family on board, organized and getting a job in your chosen location. sounds like you have hit the jackpot! congratulations!

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Yeah mrs is really the one driving it and the job is sorted. Our daughter is quite young but absolutely loves it down there.
Hardest thing will be deciding whether to go riding or fishing on a nice day.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
You're a bees dick from a banning :tsk:
What do you know about hydronic in slab heating cock breath? No natural gas where we're going so it would be solar, electric or geothermal or a combo of.
I only know one hipster who has electric under floor heating(not hydronic) and she doesn't use it because is so expensive to run. I'm hoping hydronic wouldn't be as bad.