Sold Trek Fuel EX 8 21.5" Custom SOLD

Item: 2019 Trek Fuel EX8 21.5"

Item Condition: Used, but hardly. Strava says 140km

Reason for selling: Life's unexpectedly expensive (damn cars), need to prioritise...

Price and price conditions: $3,400

Extra Info: She’s no stock build (but that retails for $4,200). A lot of thought went into planning a bike to be ridden round the local Sydney rockscape. The build list is as follows:

Fork: DVO Diamond Boost. Honestly the most dialled fork I’ve ever used, I’d keep the bike just for this if I could. Super supple and adjustable, it has loads of support and is balanced perfectly to the rear of the bike. Currently set at 140mm (as opposed to 130mm stock) this paired with the bike in the low geometry setting slackens it out and makes for a super capable ride.

Wheelset: Stans Arch MK3 laced to hope pro 4 hubs via DT Swiss double butted spokes and brass nipples. I chose these wheels due to their thin profile and moderate width. The thin cross section gives vertical compliance whilst the internal width rounds out the tyres more, which from experience lends itself to more predictable traction through lean angles on the 29” wheel.

Brakes: Sram Guide R. The bike as pictured has Magura MT5s, unfortunately these are way too awesome and I’m keeping them for the other MTB. The guides have seen more use relative to the rest of the bike but will have fresh pads and a bleed.

Tyres: Bontrager XR4 29 x 2.4” with cushcore front and back. The slightly lighter casing paired with the cushcure gives a solid feeling tyre with zero squirm. There’s also plenty of protection from rough trails and poor line choice. The vibration damping characteristics of the cushcore inserts is not something to be taken lightly either.

Misc: The frame has AMS honeycomb frame protection, other than that the bike is stock with a GX Eagle drivetrain, 150mm dropper post and the Fox reactive rear shock. In its short life, the bike has also received a full strip and regrease of all pivot points.

Pictures:

Attachments

Last edited:

sparksy

Likes Bikes
I'll send you an invoice for promoting your sale to my newby mate (standard beer economy rates apply). He'll get an invoice also for my finders fee!!