Trek Ticket S Build

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got my hands on one of the new Trek Ticket S slopestyle frames after wanting one for years. Here is the final spec list.
Frame - 2014 Trek Ticket S (Gloss/Matte Trek Black)
Rear shock -Fox Evolution Series Float w/CTD (climb-trail-descend) damper, rebound, tuned by Trek in California, 6.5x1.5"
Front shock/fork - 2014 RS Argyle
Handlebars - Black Market
Stem - Hussefelt
Headset - FSA
Grips - Teva
Saddle - Dartmoor
Seatpost - Dartmoor pivotal 31.6
Rear brake - Avid Elixir 7
Cranks - Truvativ descendents
Rear derailleur - X9 short cage 10sp
Rear shifter - Sram TT500 10sp.
Cassette -SRAM PG1070 10 Speed Road Cassette
Front hub - Hope Pro 2
Rear hub - Hope Pro 2 Evo
Front rim - Spank
Rear rim - Alex Rims supra B
Tyres - Kenda Small Block8

Last edited:

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having owned a session 88 and remedy i would recommend so volume reducers for the rear shock especially being a bike for dirt jumping. The bottomless feel is good for plowing shit but really sucks for anything with abit if lip.

lobstar

Likes Dirt
the suspension curve on these things is totally different to remedys and sessions. The ticket s ramps up a lot more and is perfect for jumping.

sick to see one of these in the flesh, can't wait to see it built.

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah this things specifically designed for Dirt/ slopestyle by the C3 guys so shouldnt have a problem with suspension. Parts starting arriving today, hopefully its all done by next week.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes i realise that it is a purpose built jump bike but their is only so much they can tune out before the suspension design is the limiting factor. Take a close look at either semenuks or mccauls ticket s and note the chainstay is connected direct to the seat tube and the shock direct to the frame so its not a full floater anymore. Volume reducers is something i would seriously consider.

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes i realise that it is a purpose built jump bike but their is only so much they can tune out before the suspension design is the limiting factor. Take a close look at either semenuks or mccauls ticket s and note the chainstay is connected direct to the seat tube and the shock direct to the frame so its not a full floater anymore. Volume reducers is something i would seriously consider.
Im a little confused with how it all works but ill see how it goes and will consider it. Here is what treks website says though:
Full Floater

We attach the shock to two moving linkage points for greater response over a wide variety of terrain. It feels like more travel, but it’s not. It’s smarter travel.

Anyway the bike is finally on 2 wheels and ive updated the final spec list.

Benlow

Likes Bikes
I wouldn't be concerned about reducing shock volume just yet OP. Whilst Hanky is correct about the differing suspension setup on certain team bikes, it only relates to early prototypes that were based largely off the Remedy but with a fixed shock mount. All of the newer team bikes mirror the production models and run a full floater, as demonstrated by Semenuks 2013 Joyride bike below.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the completed build, very jealous!